Format: Audio CDChange

on 17 April 2009
A Lighthouse Family track was used recently as background music on a TV programme and it brought back memories of life in the 80s. I found 'The Best of the Lighthouse Family' on Amazon - where else? - at a hugely reasonable price and, on receipt, settled down with a glass on wine for a relaxing drift-away experience. Track after track of nostalgia and soothing music. One of the best 'investments' I have made in some years - wish I'd been as lucky with my financial investments! Until I listened to 'The Best of', I didn't realise just how many brilliant songs this inimitable 'family' had produced. Well worth 'tracking' down your own copy.
on 21 November 2006
This is one of the best albums that I've ever heard. It is a must for all fans of the lighthouse family. I have listened to it for hours on end, and still love it.
on 4 May 2004
This has got to be one of the best cds iv ever got and heard.much better than the music you hear now.Catchy lyrics,great music and a singer that can actually sing!best tracks on this are
Ocean drive
High
Rain cloud
Lost in space
Run
End of Sky
Quisten of faith
thats my favs,all the tracks are basically great.only for people who actually enjoy listining to music.Great for listining to during the summer.good music that puts you in a good mood.5/5
11 comment10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2009
Classic Lighthouse Family. I never purchased any individual albums but always wanted the Best Of. Does not disappoint. Smooth voice, easy listening.
on 18 December 2003
Amid all the endless one-hit rap and techno bands with their cacophonic dirges resembling the factory floor more than anything like music, there is the Lighthouse Family. They have it all - melody, polished production and memorable songs. Anyone who likes early Pet Shop Boys, Swing Out Sister etc will love this.
on 23 April 2003
This is such good music for the true romantic, and anyone who loves good songs. The lyrics of all the lighthouse songs are just lovely and that just sums up this CD, GORGEOUS.
on 17 November 2003
Having only heared these tracks on the radio and had not purchasing any of the previous albums I found it a very enjoyable CD, however I was disappointed at the fact that the CD refered to additional tracks that could be downloaded upon purchase. Unfortunately there was either an error in printing the web site or the site has already closed (which I find unlikely considering the Best of was only released this year). Other than that I would recommend this.
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2010
Very Good Album
Good selection of there greatest hits
worth a listen to
on 10 January 2011
This was a specific request as part of a Christmas Present. It was exactly as required, the Lighthouse Family being the receipient's favourite group.
on 31 January 2013
I simply had to have this lighthouse cd
I can now play this one at home & my other one is kept in my car... " Happy Happy Music "
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse