5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product
I did considerable amount of research before purchasing this window cleaner. This product did not have a review but as this is the 3rd Leifheit product I have purchased (I have bought the tongs and the mandolin) and it is up to the usual standard that you would expect from a German product.

I bought it to clean the glass of the conservatory and it is great for...
Published on 3 Jun 2011 by Weaver Woman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for awkward windows but squeegee blade too inflexible
Published 21 months ago by Emma W

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 3 Jun 2011
Weaver Woman (South West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leifheit 3-in-1 Window Cleaner - 33cm width with Telescopic Handle - 110-190cm height # 51120 (Kitchen & Home)

I bought it to clean the glass of the conservatory and it is great for the job.

It has an extending pole which is made of metal so doesn't go bendy, a head that can be angled, washable and replaceable sponge and the head can be disconnected from the pole. The squeegy, like most cleaners, is a bit stiff but will soften with use.

I have just found out that Chulmleigh Homewares, the supplier, also has the replacement Leifheit terry cloth, Ers.-Vlies 32cm f.Plus3 Handfensterwischer, it is quite pricey especially as the postage is high.

There is also a 3 year guarantee.

What more could I say?

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for awkward windows but squeegee blade too inflexible, 1 July 2012
Emma W (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After years of struggling to clean windows with window cleaner spray and kitchen towel, or a bucket of water and cloth and ending up with windows that were streaky and looking almost as bad as when I started, I finally discovered the secret of cleaning windows quickly and effectively - a wet microfibre cloth and a squeegee. The wet cloth cleans the windows and the squeegee dries them! leaving them clean and sparkling.

This window cleaner has a microfibre cloth on one side and a squeegee on the other so you can clean the window with the wet cloth, then flip it over and squeegee the windows dry. The microfibre cloth is attached by Velcro so when you're finished you can rip it off and throw it in the washing machine.

The microfibre/squeegee combo has been done many times and there are lots of similar products on the market, but the main advantage of this one is the adjustability of the head. You can adjust the head so it is tilted to either side, or you can bend it forwards or backwards. I found being able to bend it forwards was particularly useful when cleaning glass directly below you (such as a glass balustrade on a balcony) as it makes for easier wiping. However when you finish with the cloth and you want to squeegee, you can't just flip it over and squeegee away as the angle is all wrong - you have to loosen the adjuster, bend the head the other way and tighten it back up again. This is a bit of a faff, and if you are anything like me, you will find yourself doing all the microfibre bit first, altering the head, and then doing the squeegeeing. This is fine on a dull day, but if the sun is out your windows dry before you get to squeegee them, leaving them streaky and dirty looking.

The biggest downside is that the squeegee blade is not flexible enough, so it has a tendency to leave wide stripes of window wet and you have to keep doing the same bit over again. This is such a shame as it ruins an otherwise good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leifheit 3-in-1 Telescopic Window Cleaner, 10 July 2012
Mrs V (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought the Karcher window vac a while ago and have since been looking for a suitable hand held window washer that would compliment it. For the price I thought this seemed good and has the added bonus of the pole and extension. The cleaner head is very easy to remove/replace, the extension mechanism the same and the cloth comes off and goes in the washing machine after we've done our conservatory. We don't use the squeegee but can confirm it does seem very stiff. The two ratchet positions on the head are very good and allow for a wide variety of tilts and rotations and have found this invaluable for our quirky window shapes. The cleaner head alone is very light but obviously adding the handle/extension adds weight although not excessively. Overall a good produce for a reasonable price.

3.0 out of 5 stars At its best with larger windows, 28 Jun 2012
Ms. R. L. A. Amelan "Rachel" (Wilmslow, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As someone who is faced with masses of housework and has little talent in that direction, I am always keen to try new window cleaning devices.

Up to recently, all attempts at glass cleaning have been met with a streaky finish. I then bought a window vac which improved matters considerably but I have been searching for some time for a really efficient way of soaping my surfaces. The Leifheit 3-in-1 window cleaner therefore seemed an excellent idea.

On unpacking, I examined it carefully. It is well made with a towelling cloth attached with Velcro to the window "T" and there is a rubber strip for removing the water. The head can be angled for convenience and the pole will lengthen to reach high up on the windows and can be used to clean the surround.

I duly filled my floor bucket and immersed the cleaning head. Since the cloth proved quite absorbent, I then had to squeeze it thoroughly before use. Dragging it down the windows was easy and it soaped them well but the rubber strip did not remove the water that efficiently and I was forced to use my window vac to suck up the remainder and provide the pristine finish I required.

Extending the pole was easy but the reach did not, for me, go above the ground floor as I am really very short. The head does remove so that you can use it without the pole but it has been made on the short side so soaping the outside of my upper windows was somewhat hampered - another four or five inches longer and it would have been just right for me. Again, I ended up finishing these with my window vac.

Where this device excels is when you need to wash the outside of large patio doors. Here, after a minimal squeeze, you can cover sizeable areas with plenty of soapy water and it does not matter whether the residue drips on the ground. After that, getting off the dirt is a breeze and it certainly beats using a handheld sponge.
I would add that I thought the Velcro cloth excellent in that it covered the cleaning head's sides and a quick trip through a machine wash cycle rendered it clean and ready for use.

My final verdict was that this probably was quite a useful item, provided your reach is longer than mine and you are taller. Frankly, I found that the rubber strip simply did not remove the water as efficiently as my current device, and I have found these of variable efficiency in the past. I shall continue to use it for window cleaning, particularly for my larger sliding windows where it was at its most efficient, so much so that I repeated the exercise at a friend's house (much to her delight and satisfaction).

4.0 out of 5 stars Leifheit @Plus 3@ window cleaner, 18 Dec 2011
Monika Marshall "shoe fan" (Sussex England) - See all my reviews
I managed to clean the inside roof of my conservatory, which I could not have done with a ladder and ordinary window cleaner. Only downside is that the angle does not always stay in place, otherwise top product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Long Arm - Takes Time to Master & Tends to Leave Drips Behind, 29 July 2012
father2 "father2" (England Europe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For years we have been using a window cleaner to regularly come and clean our windows. We have often questioned the merits of this especially because the results are often disappointing. So we were more than happy to give this Leifheit 3-in-1 Window Cleaner with Telescopic Handle a chance to show us what it could do.

This window cleaner has a long arm which is great for reaching high up to those difficult to reach places and also across flower beds, taking away the need to get your feet muddy. The telescopic handle can reach up to two metres but we found that a ladder was still needed for upstairs windows.

There is a clever movable joint on the handle to help you hold this window cleaner at the correct angle - handy for reaching awkward places. This window cleaner has a cloth on one side and a squeegee on the other side. Sadly, being unable to squeeze out the sponge side means that drips are left on the window.

This window cleaner takes time to master but we are sure that with patience and practice it could prove very effective and represents a far cheaper proposition than employing somebody to clean your windows.

5.0 out of 5 stars window cleaner, 25 Sep 2011
very good/sturdy piece of kit, i have a caravan(static) and would need ladders to clean the front windows, however this product is spot on in length/height, very good well impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most, 13 Sep 2012
Glezza (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty happy with this, have had other ones before, but the plastic has been very brittle on those, this feels very well made in comparison.

It could be better, but for under 20, it does the job and does it well.

It could be made better, the squeegee could be made of more flexible rubber, but again, it's under 20, so can't really complain!

Worth buying in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars May take time to get used to .., 13 May 2013
having high windows and a bad back I had hoped that this would be the solution to my problem. I'm sure it will work well once I've worked out the best angles for the windows. Found it difficult to get into the corners and put pressure on the highest points. Otherwise, well made and fit for purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 11 Dec 2013
Purchased to enable me to clean some velux windows which were difficult to reach. This did the job brilliantly and in no time at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›