Format: DVD|Change

on 12 April 2010
this sequel pales in comparison to the classic and much loved original.the story(such as it is)is pretty lame,and doesn't really have a point,and most of the songs are lacklustre.still,the movie was mildly amusing and had a few funny moments.since it was released about thirty six years after the original,some of the original characters from the the first movie did not have the same voice talents,which is a shame.anyway,in my opinion,they should have just stuck with the original classic,instead of releasing a lacklustre sequel.though,to be fair,this sequel is not as bad as many of the direct to video sequels that Disney has and will continue to churn out.so i guess that's something.then again,i don't feel this one should not have been released theatrically either.for me,The Jungle Book 2 is a 2.5/5
on 30 June 2003
I know sequels are a hard act to follow,but in this case I thought they did very well.
I dreaded it when i knew I ws taking my 4yr old daughter to see it.
But I laughed through most of it and found it very entertaining.
Will definately buy when out on DVD.
on 18 February 2004
I have read reviews that criticise this movie beyond what I believe is the purpose of a movie - entertainment...This movie has done just that in my family. Particularly my 3 year old daughter...she loves it, she watches it everyday and sings the songs, calls out 'mowgli' all the time. Her older sister watches it with her. Its a simple story of the importance of friendship in our lives. I think that if you keep in perspective that its entertaining children, you'll find this one a winner.
on 21 October 2003
I have a two year old and a four year old and was a bit sceptical about buying a follow-up to the first Jungle Book, I need not have feared as they both love this film and since I have purchased it they have wanted to watch it over and above their other films. I think it is to do with the catchy songs and the introduction of 2 extra characters (Mowgli's friends) and I would go so far as to say that they have watched this more times than the original Jungle Book. If you have any doubts rent it first but I bet you'll be buying it before too long.
on 26 April 2010
We have both Jungle Book movies. My girls find this one more interesting because of the new female character in the story. The songs are just as good as in Part 1, and the voices are even better, with Haley Joel Osment as Mowgly and John Goodman as Baloo. The best part in Jungle Book 1 (for my kids) is the Snake singing his hypnotizing "Trust in Me", which unfortunately isn't in Part 2. Despite this, the movie is very entertaining and uplifting. Recommended highly!
on 26 June 2016
As my son loves The Jungle Book I thought we'd give this film a whirl although I wasn't expecting it to be that good to be honest.
I was very pleasantly surprised! It's decades since the original was made and although none of the original voices feature Disney have done an amazing job at getting the new voices to sound exactly like their predecessors
The storyline is good, the music is catchy.
For a sequel I think it's great
on 27 June 2015
I absolutely love the jungle book, it must be on my top ten all time best Disney films, JB2 wasn't as good as JB1 but still worth getting. JB1 is very addictive and you cant help but sing along to all the songs, great play time with children and also great family fun as well, I could never get bored of this film... it is definitely the bear necessity to all dvd collections. yes I recommend this DVD as a must have.
on 25 March 2010
I loved the first part of the jungle book and this second part is just the perfect way to end it. After the first part, you want to know what happened to mowgli in the village. A few new songs; still good but can't beat the part one songs.
And the additional chapters; really entertaining.
Hours of fun for the family. My kids are probably going to scrath the DVD from over-watching.
on 2 January 2016
thank you for my item this DVD is so good i can see why they have done this One to finish the 1 st story and it is great and gose really well with the 1 st story of The Jungle Book and i love it and i have to recermade it to everyone who love 's this Diseny story and hope anyone to go for it it is so worth buying and i got my item safley to me and i will use your serivce agian
on 3 March 2010
Rarely if ever will a sequel prevail over the previous movie, and in this case although it was good, it did not: but i did not expect it to. The first Jungle Book is a classic and unique animation that will not be rivalled, yet the sequel is entertaining with a cute storyline and fresh new catchy songs. Definitely one to be considered for your Disney collection.