5.0 out of 5 stars office: series 2
Published on 12 Aug 2007 by black-syrup

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment
I have enjoyed Series 1, which I found comparable to some films by the Coen brothers in terms of wit and performances, but this series was too much a circus, with David Brent as the worst of clowns (the best of clowns are endearing, in my view), painful slapstick behaviour included.

I thought the point of this comedy was to actually walk and shift the line...
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by alda

5.0 out of 5 stars office: series 2, 12 Aug 2007
I loved the Office when it came out but hadn't seen any episodes for a couple of years, so I decided to buy the 2nd series DVD (partly because I remembered thinking at the time it was definitely superior to the 1st series), and I have to say I sat down watched the entire thing back to back in one go. The way this show manages to switch from moments of awesomely banal, cringeworthy humour to some of the most absurdly profound and affecting drama you've ever seen (sometimes within the space of just a few seconds) is something that will probably never be replicated in another tv show. This show hasn't lost any of it's original impact, and I was blown away watching it again just as much as I was the first time round. The Office deserves 6 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment, 3 Feb 2012

I thought the point of this comedy was to actually walk and shift the line between plausible and implausible, not to dispose of it altogether. What's left is rather uninspired comedy that ultimately fails to engage us - quite the opposite of Series 1, I think.

Not just David Brent comes off as a complete weirdo, but also Gareth, who was weird, of course, in the first series as well, but with a nicely done comic touch. Here he is just a sex maniac, with crude sex jokes and behaviour that is way overemphasized.

There are some good lines in there, but too much of the comedy was flat or flat and insensitive in a way that just wasn't that funny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Second Series, 30 July 2007
L. Davidson (Belfast, N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I think that it is fair to say that the second series of "The Office" doesn't quite scale the heights of the first. However that said , it remains amusing throughout with some memorable highlights. In this series, David Brent's Slough team integrate with their Swindon counterparts causing various problems for Brent,namely that the whole Swindon team neither like nor respect him. Worst of all for Brent is his new boss,nemesis Neil Godwin, a popular,capable and authoritative figure who patronises and outshines Brent in every episode, much to his chagrin. The usual likeable bunch of characters feature in this second series and their interrelationships are the strength of this classic comedy. Funniest moment for me, apart from the underused Finchy's cameos, would be Neil and Rachel's "Saturday Night Fever" dance. The look on Brent's face...

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Dance Fusion anyone?, 5 July 2007
Ms. Felicia Davis-burden (Staines, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I had no idea what to expect from The Office (and I was about to watch the 2nd series without seeing the first), but I was enthralled by the realistically (mostly) pathetic characters, sharply observed details and the tightness of David Brent's shirt as he showed off his unique dance skills. This is a deliciously woven poly-blend sweater (posing as a tapestry) of life as too many of us office staff know it.

Apart from the wonderfully awful David Brent, my favourite character is the sweet and hopeless Tim. He is everyman, in fact every viewer, as so many of his reactions to Brent's uniquely obnoxious behaviour mirror our own.

In every scene, the acting is faultlessly controlled and the situations are often painfully familiar.

One of the finest quality shows ever. Enjoy and try not to throw an over-full stapler at the screen. This is a comic invention that is just too true to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars British Comedy at Its Best, 15 Mar 2004
The phenomenon of 'The Office' has swept the Nation and indeed America, from this DVD you will see why. If you are a fan of alternative humour then you will love this. It is a spoof document set in a paper merchants office in Slough, whos manager is a certain David Brent, played superbly by Ricky Gervais. Brent is basically a character we can all relate to as there tends to be a David Brent in every boss from hell. The 'documentary' follows the life of Brent and his colourful workforce throughout their working days, and the never ending attempts by David to fit in with the other workers whilst still trying to be better than them. This leads to some truly classic tv moments. People who say that this comedy is anything but hilarious probably do not understand the humour in it, as it can go over some people's heads. Yet as I say, if you are a fan of alternative humour, or just good old British comedy, this is a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 8 Jan 2014
J. Mansfield (UK) - See all my reviews
You watch the series and find yourself becoming David Brent!!! Some of the most funny and embarrassing moments ever filmed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item!!, 5 Nov 2013
The product is as described and will recommend this item to anyone!
Item also arrived in-time and as described without any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 17 May 2013
hilarious one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. brilliant actors and brilliant writers this is a must have British sitcom.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, 22 April 2013
W. Holburn - See all my reviews
having missed this series on the telly i purchase the dvd`s and they have me laughing till im sore, very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy series, 25 Feb 2013
Love Ricky Gervais and this is his finest work, some Great British comedy which will get anyone laughing. Recommend to anyone who has seen Extras or Derek.

ARRAY(0xa20e8a5c)

The Office - The Complete Second Series [VHS] [2001]
The Office - The Complete Second Series [VHS] [2001] by Ricky Gervais (VHS Tape - 2003)
2.19