4.0 out of 5 stars just the ticket

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Laptop USB light, 13 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
The item I received was well below my expectations. It was branded as eXpansys on the page, but I received an item by 'Zip-Linq'. The light is a single 'spot' LED, and therefore focuses the light in a concentrated area, as opposed to spreading the beam across the keyboard area, with what I thought would have been multiple LEDs in a row. On a positive note - at the end of the day, its a light - it works.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this notebook light, 7 Feb. 2009
Mr. D. L. R. Strich (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
expansys usb notebook light looks good and bends into just the right position to put light onto your laptop keyboard, or it would, if you could get it to work. Unfortunately, it needs too much power and shuts down the usb port. Tried it on 4 different laptop / desktops with same result. Do not waste your money on this product and go for a Kensington fly light model 2 or 3 which does what it is supposed to.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT GREAT, 30 July 2010
Sandra (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
It's 100% better than the one with one light but still not strong enough but I shouldn't have expected better for the price. You get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the ticket, 16 Dec. 2010
Tell It Like It Is (StaffordshireUK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
Very pleased with this product for the purpose of making my screen brighter. As a heavy desktop/ laptop user in the ICT proffession, I cannot emphasise the need to always have a great deal of light when working with VDU's if you want to avoid eye strain and headaches. This small and astonishingly cheap device just adds the finishing touch to making your screen nice and bright (still requires a well illuminated room). I never wanted one to illuminate my keyboard as other reviewers have talked about, (frankly if there is not enough light for you to use a keyboard easily you should'nt be operating a device with a VDU in those circumstances), and when I experimented with that for the sake of this review, I found it inadequate to that task, however for adding to the illumination of the screen this is perfect, oh yeh the stalk is nice and bendable but firm enough to keep in position.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth the money, 7 July 2011
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
Pros : Flexibility is good.

Cons : Build of the product is really bad. The light is not powerful enough to focus light on the whole keyboard, moreover, the light dimmed gradually after half an hour's working on the first day and then stopped working altogether. It didn't work for a full night !! There was no problem with my USB port, so I opened it and I could not find any loose ends with the wiring so I suppose its just bad build.

Verdict : Not worth the money, I lost my money on it. You may want to give Kensington fly light a try as someone said in the reviews, definitely not this one !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - eXpansys usb notebook light - buy a candle!, 22 Sept. 2012
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
Full marks to the seller for fast delivery, unfortunately the product leaves much to be desired, bought a pair of these lights planning to use one on each side of the screen sadly one died within half an hour of plugging in and the other is starting to look a bit dim.
The dead one is now languishing at the tip and will most likely be joined by the other before much longer.

On the plus side they're cheap, sadly not very reliable...

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay well clear!, 19 Dec. 2010
Bilbo Baggins (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
I bought two of these...one for my son as a Christmas tree present, and one for myself. I mean, it's a cheap product so I really wasn't expecting the keyboard to light up like a fire cracker. But, what I was expecting was some light...err..any light? Save your money. Better still, give it to charity. Absolutely blimin' useless product.

2.0 out of 5 stars a dim prospect, 19 Aug. 2011
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
this review is short and not so sweet. I needed a small light to use my laptop in fading light or in dark areas and this item appeared to fill the bill so i purchased it. when it arrived and i tried it i was disapointed, the item gave off very little light and was not up to the task at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: eXpansys USB Notebook Light (Electronics)
On initial use the brightness of the light was ok, after five minutes of use there was a distinct dimming and it is now unuseable, even with my laptop on mains. Though not expensive ,(even with PP included it was less than £2), it was essentially £2 wasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB Light, 27 April 2004
By A Customer
An excellent product!
Perfect for illuminating your laptopkeyboard!
Highly recommended