on 11 May 2009
The Two Ronnies - By The Sea / The Picnic [VHS] [1982]

If you want a really good laugh ( and that means ALL the family) then get 'By The Sea ' - the two Ronnies and lots of other really great characters! It is the best short comedy I have ever seen. 'The Picnic'(also included) is almost as good - overall just the thing for a wet Sunday afternoon - I guarantee you will watch it over and over again, and still curl up laughing every time!
on 30 August 2010
Although this is getting on a bit the humour never dates and it is still absolutely hilarious. In the style of "The Plank" each story is presented in the silent mode with just a few grunts every now and then.
on 16 February 2014
This came as a bit of a surprise, as I thought it was a dvd. Hadn't got a vcr, so I watched it at a friends place. Excellent films, and well up to the Ronnies' standard. Decided to buy my own vcr, as I've got lots of tapes left. Bought one on ebay, and Yodel managed to deliver it to the wrong house in the wrong street in the wrong town. It's only just in the right county. So I still can't watch this at home. But it arrived in quick time and was well packed. Can't fault the seller, as it was my own fault, hence the 5 star rating. Read the small print guys.
on 25 April 2013
I have always loved this gem of a comedy film and after seeing negative reviews about the content on the DVD version, I didn't hesitate in buying the VHS version. I'm fortunate to have a fully working video cassette recorder however not everyone does these days, so come on, produce a DVD version that does this timeless piece of genius justice!
on 1 July 2013
if I'm ever down in the depths and asking myself what is it all about, I can put on the two Ronnies and realise the humour is what it's all about the brilliance of the script writing tells me that this type of British humour could not be beaten by anyone else in the English-speaking world.
on 19 December 2012
I stupidly (another senior moment!) ordered this for a friend, only to then realise that I had ordered a Video tape and not a DVD!
However,the seller went above and beyond and sent me a DVD that he had at no furter cost. Thankyou for such an excellent service.
on 12 January 2010
Ce téléfilm est formidable, j'ai pu le voir dans les années 80 et j'en garde un merveilleux souvenir. On ri a chaque image. Aussi SVP rééditez le rapidement en DVD que je puisse l'intégrer à ma Dévétheque, c'est super urgent.
on 15 February 2010
These films are absolutely classic and very funny to watch.

No words spoken, just music and lots of vocal sounds of expression - hard to describe but completely effective!

Buy it you won't regret it!
on 12 July 2014
Old fashioned FUN, pure nostalgia. Victor Meldrew loves it !!
on 14 June 2015
brilliant - laughed from start to finish.