4.0 out of 5 stars Brahm's Complete String Quartets,Quintets & Sextets, 23 Sep 2012
Cdr Kgt Healey "Ken Healey" (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brahms: Complete String Quartets, Quintets & Sextets (DG Collectors Edition) (Audio CD)
Although a relatively old recording by the Amadeus Quartet and soloists, this is a superb collection of Brahms chamber music. The sound is excellent and the playing sympathetic and quite beautiful in places. Wonderful value for the price and I can see myself playing these recordings again and again. What makes it even more enjoyable is that there are pieces I did not know and wonder how I could live to my eighties and not have heard them before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brahms String Quartets, 23 April 2013
This is a golden oldie and wonderful value. Sensitive performances and converted my husband, for whom I bought it, to the String Quartets and Quintets, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beauttifully played set., 17 Dec 2010
Mr. Hugh Cownie "bonquineur" (Cirencester) - See all my reviews
I am a keen music lover but have no academic qualifications to back my opinions. If I want to wallow in Brahms melodies and harmonies I enjoy turning to this set rather more than others that I have in my modest Brahms collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars As heard radio 3, 18 Feb 2013
I heard the sextet in B flat major originally on Radio 3 and liked it.The rest of the CDs are very fine recordings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 May 2009
Very nice piece of music, one of my favourite pieces in my collection, very nice for the long winter evenings.