5.0 out of 5 stars B.B.King's favourite album and an ideal introduction to his blues., 6 Mar 2007
Moontrane - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Kind of Blues (Audio CD)
B.B.King has described 'My Kind of Blues' as his favourite album and it's easy to see why. Recorded around March 1960 using only a sparse accompaniment of Lloyd Glenn(piano), probably Ralph Hamilton(bass) and Jessie Sailes(drums) King's stinging guitar and powerful voice come across beautifully. Originally one of 12 LPs B.B.King made for the CROWN label 'My Kind of Blues' has now expanded from 10 to 18 tracks with songs coming from the pens of Sleepy John Estes, Roosevelt Sykes, Muddy Waters and Doctor Clayton.

Expertly re-mastered by ACE RECORDS and compiled and annotated by blues expert John Broven this is a model blues CD re-issue and an ideal introduction to B.B.King's music.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kind of Blues Album, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Kind of Blues (Audio CD)
What attracted me to purchase this album was the rare opportunity to hear BB King playing with a sparse accompaniment; whereas usually his recordings are supported with brass. Given that this album was recorded more than 50 years ago, it is a fine crisp sound and BB's playing of his Gibson guitar, Lucille, is as usual outstanding. There are no poor songs in this collection. It is great to hear BB at his brilliant best. I definitely recommend this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of blues, 24 April 2013
This review is from: My Kind of Blues (Audio CD)
Now this (to quote it's title) is my knid of blues. Some of these tracks were overdubbed (wrongly) at a later date with orchestration. This bare bones album is great listening and I'm sure glad I found it.

My Kind of Blues
My Kind of Blues by B.B. King (Audio CD - 2003)