5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars For 5Star * * * * *
Published on 9 May 2004 by callinggloria

3.0 out of 5 stars five star
had a tune by 5 star going around in my head for days so got the cd to help remove it. now have 4 tunes running around in my head and a big smile on my face.
Published on 23 Feb 2009 by J. B. Kirby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars For 5Star * * * * *, 9 May 2004
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
5Star have to be one of the most underated groups of the 80's. Thankfully this CD is testimony to what a big influence they were to the pop world. They won the Brit award for the best British Group in 1987, they were the youngest act to top the album chart with Silk and Steel and beat Micheal Jacksons record for the most hit singles taken from one album (Luxury of Life). People seem to have forgotten just how good they were! The videos were great! The costumes were great! The dance moves were great! but it wasn't just visual as their music was Fanastic! Love Take Over, The Slightest Touch and System Addict are classics!They showed a versatility with tracks such as Find The Time, Rain or Shine, Rock My world which showed shades of soul, easy listening and rock. This is a CD that truly showcases the greatness of Five Star and the greatness of 80's pop music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 May 2009
Ms. Marie Beasley "marie73" (shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I originally had this cd when i was a teenager and couldn't believe that you could still buy it, it's bought back a lot of happy memories i was and am still a great fan of the group. If you've never heard them i would definitley recommend you buy this as the songs are really great as are there voices, they work really well as a group and should still be remembered and admired.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This cd is brilliant i have been waiting ages to get this now i got it of amazon it was worth the wait the tracks are all good if you were a fan its worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars What a blast from the past!!!, 14 Mar 2010
C. Ford (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
For some reason, I started singing Rain or Shine in my head afew weeks ago - maybe I was having one of those nostalgic moments!

Anyway, I decided to look for the song on CD & chanced across this greatest hits one. I have to admit, I was slightly worried that I had turned into a right saddo to even contemplate buying it - but I decided to go for it anyway.

I can honestly say, this cd is absolutely brilliant!!! I can't stop listening to the first 4 songs, which of course are the better known songs that Five Star sang. I literally have been listening to it over & over again, singing along to it & it's put me in a feel-good mood!

I would definately recommend this cd to anyone who like Five Star back in the 80's & wants to reminise about the good old days!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FIVE STAR, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
FOR AGES I HAD SEARCHED HIGH AND LOW FOR THIS CD, SO I WAS OVER THE MOON WHEN I SAW IT AT AMAZON. GOOD MUSIC BUT THEIR BEST WAS THEIR EARLY STUFF BEFORE THEY BEGAN A CHANGE OF IMAGE, WHY DID THEY MOVE IN ANOTHER DIRECTION? SYSTEM ADDICT IS A CLASSIC AND SO IS STAY OUT OF MY LIFE.

3.0 out of 5 stars five star, 23 Feb 2009
J. B. Kirby - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star 4 Ever!, 5 Dec 2006
Willie (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Although not as widely popular in the U.S. as in England, 5 Star managed to score several hits. Most U.S. audiences first became aware of them from "All Fall Down", which hit the R&B and dance charts. "Can't Wait Another Minute" and "If I Say Yes" are prime examples of Brit-Pop at it's finest. Why they never became super huge here is still a mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved 5 star from the beginning, 8 July 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Loved 5 star from the beginning, saw them at Wembley, this cd takes you back to good memories, its nice to sing along to happy, uplifting music

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Great sounds of the 80s. Really enjoyed listening to these again. Party on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, 26 April 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Bought as a gift, a really enjoyable cd with a good collection of all the old familiar ones which makes it fun to listen to. I still like the tracks even after all these years, a good service was provided and I would buy from them again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Greatest Hits
The Greatest Hits by 5 Star (Audio CD - 2003)