Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 May 2003
I dont think this is a bad album as such, but I was disappointed with it. I have played it several times, and I think all the guests and co-writers (& theres loads of the buggers) have diluted Natachas considerable talent , making a lot of the tracks sound too much like everyone else.
I have nothing against Princess Julianna or R&B etc, but I just dont enjoy the mix on this album. I love the middle eastern feel of Natachas earlier albums (Ayeshteni being my favourite), and this sound has been watered down too far on this album, for my liking at least.
on 29 July 2003
Natascha Atlas has surpassed herself on her new album, i have all her previous releases and ,as always, her almost ethereal voice never wavers from perfection.
'Something Dangerous' is infinitely more 'street' than previous releases fusing equal amounts of reggae/traditional/funk and,surprisingly,Hindi-There are no limits to Atlas's talents!
Tracks like 'Jaanaman' and 'Eye of the Duck' are outstandingly different from her previous work and experimental-'Le Printemps' and 'Man's World' uses her varied and special vocal range to the full.
'Love thing' fuses breakbeat,'Daymalhum' is electronica.
Consistently Natacha becomes more experimental as an artist however her music is fresh, wonderful and as enchanting as always.A must have for all Natascha fans and equally valuable to those who wish to acquaint themselves with Natascha's finest work yet.
on 31 July 2010
This a very sad fall for those keeping the fingers crossed for Natacha. Those who bought and enjoyed Diaspora and Halim. I read somewhere this album was supposed to break Atlas into the US market, what for? She always had a strong European fanbase forgiving her all her musical and non-musical flaws.
This album is a horrible medley of reggae, Hindi, hip-hop breaks and full of guests but brings no joy for those aware of the singer's talent and flair for fusion of Arabic vibes with electronica.
There are songs which are a far reminiscence of what Natacha used to be (Adam's Lullaby, When I Close My Eyes) but the majority of songs are simply horrible (Eye of the Duck or the title song for instance), including another horrible cover song.
on 20 May 2003
I have Ayeshtani by the same artist which is fab. but this one is even better, if in a slightly more dance music vein. The first track "Adams lullaby" is beautiful and really shows off her voice but the second "Duck Eye" is my favourite and has me dancing round the house repeatedly. Every track's a winner, if you like her other stuff you will lurrvve this one, the beat is insistent and her voice makes the hairs stand up on your neck. Buy it, you won't stop playing it.
on 9 August 2004
As a huge Natacha Atlas fan, I had this CD ordered and delivered on it's day of release (Thanks Amazon!)... I absolutely love this album, along with it's mix of genre, and Natacha's ever beautiful caramel-like vocals. Ms Atlas is never shy of experimenting with music, and it shows in this album. It is not may most favourite of Natacha's work, as I am very fond of her Chaabi, bluesy style, and the passion she puts into her arabic songs always seems more apparent. However, I saw her perform many songs from this album recently in concert, and they were addictive, everyone was up dancing and singing along. An infectiously catchy album, and great if you're new to Natacha's work.
on 11 July 2013
bought this as I heard the first track on an advert,and its lovely but am bit disappointed with the rest of the c.d.,bought it very cheap so cant complain to much.
on 4 January 2011
I bought this CD in very early December as a xmas present for my wife. It took until Xmas eve to arrive!!! However the wife is pleased with the CD.
on 14 January 2010
I love Natacha Atlas but this is not her best. To get the best idea of her, get the 'Best of...' album instead, that is superb
on 3 June 2013
Very offbeat but don't let that put you off.
She is a very good singer beautiful voice
Buy and enjoy.
on 22 September 2013
i believe this is an excellent product ,it arived on time and offers a great price and to be recomemmed,