5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value
Published on 5 May 2010 by Mr. S. J. Milnes

3.0 out of 5 stars flower press
Thought it would be bigger, .
Nice quality though.
Well finished wooden exterior with very pretty design on front.
Easy use corner tightening good.
Published on 12 Jan. 2013 by Angela horne

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, 5 May 2010
Mr. S. J. Milnes (Dereham, Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
I received this very fast, well packaged. The construction is very strong and durable 6 x 6 inch half inch plywood top and bottom, we tightened the screws very tight and the wood did not bend or warp. Inside are 10 cardboard and paper layers, quite enough for plenty of pressed flowers. My daughter is 6 and she loves it, fun, lovely floral picture design, strong and easy to use as the flower head screws are good to grip and find the threads easily, I would not hessitate to purchase another. Your child will have fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger and sturdier than expected, 4 Jan. 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
This flower-press is quite impressive. I purchased it for my daughter (who is not quite 3 yet). I found it to be stronger and bigger than I was expecting. The flower press has plenty of capacity, and can easily be unscrewed and screwed up by my daughter (although I need to tighten afterwards). Nice bright design too, and nice and simple to use. Great purchase! I only gave 3 stars on fun though based on the young age of my daughter - an older child would I'm sure find it even more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further for a fantastic flower press, 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
I don't review everything I buy, but I liked this press so much I felt I should review it.

Product Description.
The press is made of very solid wood, and the screws on each corner are very substantial. It is decorated with a floral pattern, and the turning knobs aver very decorative, but this is no toy. The press came stacked with sheets of cardboard and blotting paper enough to let you press a lot of flowers:

What I like:
The best selling pointfor me, and not stated in the product description are the massive and chunky knobs for tightening the press. Having used a press before with tiny butterfly heads, I could never get a tight press without much effort and sore hands. These large smooth wooden knobs make tightening the press a breeze.
The press comes shipped with a lot of cardboard and paper, so you can get going straightaway, but using your own cardboard and blotting paper in the future would be incredibly easy. With the supplied sheets you have a template for cutting the paper or card to size, or you could just add holes for the screws to go through.
The construction is solid, and I feel I will get a lot of enjoyment out of this sturdy kit.
The size is very suitable, not too large that the press couldn't be tightened easily on small flowers or leaves in a central position, but such that with the card provided, which has corners removed for the screws, you could press all but the most huge flowers.

Cons:
I haven't found any yet, although the press does incorporate a handle made of what resembles shoelace built into each wooden board. I am yet to understand what these are for. Perhaps for hanging the press on a wall in the sun? I have no idea.

The press is made in England, which may be a buying point for some, who worry about carbon emisions and standards of workmanship. There is an address and CE mark on the base plate.

Overall: Very pleased with the results I have had so far, and with the great price and quality. Would recommend to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars pressing present, 19 Jan. 2010
B. A. Crook (Wiltshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
Well constructed, medium sized flower press, constructed of durable wood, ideal for a child up to about 10-12 years of age. We liked it.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty, durable & easy to use, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
ideal for little hands. easy to use and a lovely way to develop an interest in flowers

4.0 out of 5 stars Flower press, 18 Jun. 2011
E. J. Green "Jane" (Cambs. England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
A great gift for my 6 year old - sturdy and has produced some lovely pressed flowers for her scrap book.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
this product was a present for my 7 year old i was very happy with the size and durability of the flower press.

well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 18 Oct. 2011
Af Sheader "Posiview" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
My daughter loves this. We bought her a photograph book to keep leaves, seeds and other things in. The product is really sturdy and can hold lots of things at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for children, 10 July 2013
Very happy with product, as a gift for a 5 year old

children may need assistance as takes a bit of effort to click all the pieces back into place to be able to close.

flower pieces are perfect for allowing children to twist it closed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Pintoy Flower Press (Toy)
This delighted my 8 year old granddaughter who has already been collecting suitable specimens for pressing. She has made her own card from the first attempt and the press has enhanced her love of flowers and leaves.

Pintoy Flower Press