5.0 out of 5 stars An up-close insight into these wonderful creatures

Published on 18 Jan 2012 by Mrs. E. Stankovich

3.0 out of 5 stars Escaping ants, 18 Jan 2012
Mrs. E. Stankovich (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
My live ants arrived in post really quickly, service and customer care at interplay is faultless.. However after just 2\3 days I found the odd ant outside the tank, couldn't work out where they were escaping, after a week and finding maybe 10 ants loose, some of which across other side of room! rang interplay for advice, which was that I maybe had a tiny gap between connecting frame work so my advice is.... When pack arrives, take care to click pieces carefully together! Once sand is in, it's impossible to do so, so I have taped every seam! customer care at interplay added that when the ants are happy it's possible to leave tank open and theyre not interested in leaving! They gave a tip of leaving drop of honey in feeding station, which so far, has certainly caused a stir with the ants, I'm hopeful I now have happy ants that won't be escaping..

5.0 out of 5 stars An up-close insight into these wonderful creatures, 3 Aug 2008
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
I was given this as a leaving present, as a kind of joke, but my colleagues didn't realise I've always loved ants and really wanted one of these for ages! I wasn't disappointed. This is a well-designed product which provides hours of entertainment and fascination. I've seen all sorts of strange things going on in my Ant World: ants moving things around then back again like women designing a living room with furniture, a brutal murder when an ant I thought had escaped turned out to clearly be from outside (i.e. it was killed within minutes of entry), and interesting preferences for lunch: fruits not as popular as one might think, honey, other insects and even nuts proving popular on the menu. Further, there's plenty of ways to improvise with this kit, and I also think the teamwork ethic the ants display is a nice lesson for children (and adults!) I've had this product for 3 years and bought another one to compare red and black ants. The reds I brought in from outside, the blacks I ordered from Interplay. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars AntWorld, 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
Good product, with very clear instructions. Plenty of information in the book as follow up reading. The ants seem to be thriving in the Ant World. Using this with a 6 and a 4 year old. The 6 year old is enjoying watching the ants each day.
Recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ants in my pants, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
This product certainly isn't pants. Well constructed. The only down side is having to find ants at certain times of the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, 19 April 2008
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
I bought this for my niece and she liked it. Its a great gift for kids who are curious about nature and interested in science. Easy to install. Only downside is its not as big as I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 1 Dec 2007
C. Christie (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
My son of 6 got this as a birthday present from a friend and he and his brother (age 4) have been fascinated by it ever since. It is fiddly collecting the ants and getting them into the plastic box - adult help is essential - but the boys really enjoyed finding an ants nest and locating the queen which you need to do. It was a great success watching the ants build the colony and fun for the boys to be actively involved by feeding the ants - made a good 'show and tell' at school as well. Can be cleaned out and used again - although you would have to get more sand. Really recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars understanding ants - fun and educational!, 21 July 2010
Mrs. C. Snell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
My son is fascinated by all creatures and Ant World means he can study them without ants loose in the house! Some people have criticized keeping ants as cruel but the ants are contained,safe from predators and well fed.A good item, well made, and can possibly be extended in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy , fun !, 3 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
That's true, you will have to pick the ants yourself! A walk in the woods will help you to find them from the same colony ( better for them to work together). This farm ant is just great, easy to set, esay to feed, easy to observe, not too big, and definitely easier to handle than a dog (lol). The children get involved and responsable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ant World, 9 May 2010
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
Excellent fun. Purchased for my 6 year old. We both enjoyed trying to catch enough ants (harder than you think!) We ended up leaving the magnifying box outside for a few days so the ants would get used to it. Then added some fruit and caught between 10-15 ants which seemed just enough. Fascinating watching how they behave and the tunnels they make. My daughter enjoys seeing what they have been up to each day (as do I). Hours of fun especially for those who like bugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - I never knew ants were so cool, 1 April 2009
This review is from: Ant World (Toy)
Well this arrived about a month ago but we waited until the weather got a little warmer to collect our ants, Jam works wonders!!! Two days and the ants have been really busy digging!! My children are two and four and they love watching the ants although they do think they need feeding everyday!! My husband and I are the most fasinated with this. The product was a little fiddly to put together but we've had no escapees so I am happy. All in all a good buy.

ARRAY(0xac9f5b7c)