5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the energy and spirit of the film, 21 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Fame O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Before there was the syndicated television series there was "Fame" the movie and the album, which is certainly something of a family affair with most of the songs being written by Michael Gore, with a couple of songs having lyrics by Lesley Gore, for a film scripted by Christopher Gore. Two of the songs sung by Irene Cara were nominated for Oscars, the title song "Fame" and "Out Here On My Own," and while the former is better known the latter is the best song on the album. The main surprise on the "Fame" album now, as it was then, is that actor Paul McCrane (currently known for his role as the evil chief of staff on "E.R.") not only sings on several tracks, but also wrote the elegantly simple "Is It Okay If I Call You Mine?" The soundtrack also presents several high energy ensemble pieces that capture the frenetic energy of the film: "Hot Lunch Jam" and the big finale number "I Sing the Body Electric," both of which make complete use of the young talent you would find at the High School of the Performing Arts and the High School of Music and Art in New York City that inspired the film. I just wish they had the wonderful little bit where Bruno Martelli tackles the Fourth Movement of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony on his synthesizers.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAME spawned the hit film and series and it's music, 23 Feb 2007
J. Lee "jayleebenjamin" (europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fame O.S.T. (Audio CD)
this album is written Michael Gore and Dean Pitchford. they went on to do other soundtracks like Footlooase and the other musical film "sing".

This album took Irene Cara's album to a new height of Fame. Her music career took off from this. This album was a hit years after it's release partly due to the the hit Fame by Irene Cara. What a voice. It led to her having other film hits for other movies like "Flashdance" and "the dream".

The songs are heart driven and are suberb. Great ballads like the classic "out here on my own", "dogs in the yard", "is it okay if I call you mine". Fab dance classics like "Hot lunch Jam", "Fame", "red light" and I sing the body electric. it contains great gospel song "never alone" This led to the series.

This remaster has bonus tracks of intrumental to "Fame" and "out here on my own". There is an extra song "miles from here" not used in the movie. it is a great song and was featured in the first episode of the series "Kids from Fame" along with "red light". This abum was huge hit in the uk reached number one staying in the top 10 for ages. became one the top albums of that year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fame O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Great item just what I was looking for received item very quickly and packed well will recommed to others to buys from

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
As good as I remember!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 17 May 2010
S. Muir (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fame O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Loved it back in the 80's, love it now. Starmaker can still bring a tear to the eye! ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Banana's, 18 Jan 2004
This review is from: Fame O.S.T. (Audio CD)
1. Fame-5 / 5-My favorite song of all time, it has so much energy and when ever I gear it I wanna start dancin' all over the place and just lose my head.
2. Out Here On My Own-3/5-While other people may feel diffrently i just found this song a flop, seriously I would of given it 5 stars if it had a little more work put into it.
3. Hot Lunch Jam-4/5-Now this is fun, catchy tune and great for any party
4. Dogs In The Yard -?/5-I honestly dont know what to rate this , it was good at times and bad at others its definetly worth listening to and play it at a dance .
5. Red Light 5/5
6. Is It Ok If I Call You Mine?5/5
7. Never Alone - 5/5
8. Ralph And Monty - 5/5
I rate all of these the same because they all have the same feel- GREAT
These songs are some of the best you will ever hear.
9. I Sing The Body Electric-4/5-Good song fast pace I like it exept for the lyrics it was a nice tune.
10. Miles From Here (Previously Unissued) -4/5 `cant say much about it there isnt much too say this ones a surprize
11. Out Here On My Own (Instrumental Version)FLOP
12. Fame (Instrumental Version)5/5 Great for singin after a while
So go and order this sound track from Amazon NOW

Fame O.S.T.
Fame O.S.T. by Irene Cara (Audio CD - 2003)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available