5.0 out of 5 stars You will like it the first time and love it the next 999
Published on 9 April 2003 by Bente Lund Hansen

3.0 out of 5 stars MALACHI
I bought this CD because I thought the content would have an overall Irish Music feel."Shenandoah" had a wonderful Irish flavour. "Baby I'm a want you" was great copy of the original.
"Have I told you lately" is a very romantic song."Vincent" is also an excellent version of the Don McLean original about the famous painter. "First of May" is a copy of the Bee Gees...
Published on 28 April 2003 by Mrs A P Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars You will like it the first time and love it the next 999, 9 April 2003
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
I must admit, I bought this album because I watched Malachi on Fame Academy and loved his voice. When I first played the album I was sorta disappointed, because all the songs seemed so alike. But from the second time I played the album I fell more and more in love with the album. His soft and soulfull voice leads you to believe that he truly is hurting, truly is in love, truly believes that Sinead Quinn is the one. Especially the duet with Ms. Quinn is amazing. The irish touch throughout the whole album just tops in this particular song. Their voices work together so amazingly that you are left to hope that they'll work together on a later project. Perhaps with Sineads album out later this year.... This album is for anyone that loves good music and great voices. This album is not only for Brits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Of The Class, 11 April 2003
Malachi - Malachi
ASIN-B00008op16
'A Lush and lovely blend of country and classy ballads, with a Hint Of Irish Folk that greet the ears like a breath of fresh air. From the hauntingly beautiful "Eyes of Blue" and "Just Say You Love Me" to his unique versions of "Have I told you lately" and "Fields of Gold" - This album is really pure Gold.
Malachi's silky smooth tones hit all the right notes and with a little help from Sinead Quinn "You're the one" is a gorgoeus display of his vocal talents with harmonies that have the power to melt the frostiest of hearts.
This former fame academy student has certainly achieved A Grade and fame academy fan or not you will not fail to be impressed.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Malachi Achieves A Grade, 27 Mar 2003
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
A lush and lovely blend of country and classy ballards, with a hint of irish folk that greet the ears like a breath of fresh air. From the hauntingly beautiful "Eyes of Blue" and "Just Say You Love Me" to his unique versions of "All I want is you","Have I Told You Lately" and "Fields of Gold" - This Album really is pure GOLD. Malachi's silky smooth tones hit all the right notes and with a little help from Sinead, "You're the one" is a gorgeous display of his vocal talents with harmonies that melt the frostiest of hearts. This former Fame Academy student has certainly achieved A Grade and is well worth a listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Melanchony Malachi, 2 May 2003
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
Cast your minds back to Fame Academy. Malachi Cush was the tall, dark-haired Irish bloke who famously kissed Sinead Quinn. He was quiet at first, but emerged as a very warm, kind and witty man. Oh, he could sing too. The show saw him croon some beautiful ballads and occasionally something a bit quicker.
When his album was released in March, it seemed to be distinctly marketed at the Daniel O‚€™Donnell fans and this isn‚€™t really my sort of thing. But it was Malachi, so I bought it and I am pleased I did.
It contains sixteen tracks, all of which are fairly mellow apart from the wonderful A Man Is In Love, which has a very catchy Irish jig vibe to it and is one of the best tracks on the album.
But the majority of the songs are slower, Malachi‚€™s beautiful voice suiting ballads and folk songs perfectly. The tracks include one by Sting (Fields of Gold), Amazed by Lonestar, a Van Morrison song (Have I Told You Lately), a George Harrison one (Something), one by Cat Stevens (How Can I Tell You), a Garth Brooks song (The Dance) and a track penned by Don McLean (Vincent). We also have two songs co-written by Malachi himself ‚€“ Just Say You Love Me and Eyes of Blue.
There are three songs that Malachi sang on Fame Academy, which will please fans of the programme. Indeed, these were my initial favourites ‚€“ Fields of Gold, Something and Vincent ‚€“ but repeated listening has established Amazed as my firm favourite. I also really like All I Want Is You and Just Say You Love Me. Sinead Quinn makes an appearance too, duetting with him on You‚€™re The One.
You won‚€™t find anything experimental or rocky here. What you will find is an album that features a beautiful voice singing beautiful songs. It wouldn‚€™t be a good album to play at parties, but it is ideal for relaxing to and as background music. Turn the light off, lie down with a glass of wine or cup of tea and chill out.
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Malachi the Serious, 3 April 2003
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
I was bought this CD for Mothers' day. I have to say this a lovely record, very relaxing, and sung in the style of folk come easy listening. I was an avid viewer of the Fame Academy and this funny irishman, has a lovely voice. Anyone who enjoyed him at the Academy will love this one! I love it, hope it sells well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2003's best album!, 6 April 2003
The McConaghies (Ballycastle, Co. Antrim United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
Malachi's infectious charm made him a firm favourite with the millions who tuned in to Fame Academy show who have been waiting for this album.
His Irish folk roots are very much in evidence when it comes to his music and influence his sound. His album includes his own compositions alongside covers of his favourite songs.
It was performances of timeless tracks such as 'Vincent' (Don McLean) and 'Something' (The Beatles) on the show that proved he has the sort of distinctive timeless voice that more than matches the quality of the songs he is singing. Both these tracks are included on his album and other highlights are his versions of Van Morrison's 'Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?' and U2's 'All I Want Is You'. Alongside these covers there are two self-penned tracks 'Eyes of Blue' and his debut single 'Just Say You Love Me' which fit perfectly with tracks from Sting to The Waterboys. One of the stand-out moments on the album is his duet with Sinead Quinn performing the beautiful Shane MacGowan song 'You're The One'. The obvious chemistry between the two of them makes this a very moving track.
This is a superb album enjoyed by all the family and we look forward to the future contributions from Malachi who is set to become a major recording artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely :D, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
I love this cd, i had heard it before but really wanted to buy it so ordered it off here. I couldn't have asked for better, the delivery was quick, the cd in brilliant condition and the music is fantastic as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Malachi a star is born, 10 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
I watched Malachi in Fame Academy and was truly captivated by his fantastic voice and this album has not disappointed me. If you are looking for a CD to put on your stereo and relax to then this is the one. I especially liked "The Dance" and his duet with Sinead Quinn the runner up of Fame Academy.

5.0 out of 5 stars malachi is wicked!!!, 27 Mar 2003
miss holly l bird (bishopston, bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
his album is great and so is he. all his music is relaxing and basically makes you want to chill out, so everyone who reads this i reccomend you buying his album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Malachi (Audio CD)
I chanced this singer as I had never heard of him and went off reviews. What a great voice to listen to driving along. Recommended.

Malachi
Malachi by Malachi (Audio CD - 2003)