5.0 out of 5 stars The best pan in my kitchen
I recieved the anolon chef pan for Christmas last year from my cousin who lives in america and I had never heard of this brand before. I use it almost every day and it has become my favorite pan. It is durable and completly non-stick and easy to clean. It heats evenly and is perfect for stir Frys ... well I love it.
Published on 10 Dec 2003 by londondwarf

2.0 out of 5 stars good pan, but doesn't stand the pace
Nice weight and size of saute pan and excellent when new.
Trouble is, the non-stick is v ordinary and doesn't stand up to long term use. I "retired" mine after about 3 years.
Ignore the "lifetime guarantee". the small print pretty much excludes everything including, importantly, the non-stick coatings)
Published on 23 April 2003 by The Navigator

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pan in my kitchen, 10 Dec 2003
This review is from: Anolon Professional Hard Anodised Covered Chefs Pan with Helper Handle, 26 cm (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality pan, 24 April 2003
The Anolon pan isn't cheap, but what you get for your money is true quality. The look is stylish and the glass lid is a boon too see how your food is cooking. Construction is very solid and the pan is lighter than it looks like it would be. The handle is very easy to grasp and if it is too heavy when full there is a handy loop at the far end where you can steady the pan with your spare hand. The pan is highly non-stick and doesn't need scrubbing ever it washes up in a few easy wipes. It is worth investing in wooden or plastic spatulas to avoid damaging the non-stick surface. This has to be my most used cooking accessory. After owning this for a few months I went out and bought the rest of the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meyer Anolon, 24 April 2003
Steve Harris (Wimborne, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been using Meyer Anolon cookware for home use for the last 2 years. I have found them to be excellent for cooking anything, very hardwearing and attractive. They will be the only set of pans I will ever have to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars most excellent pan, 19 April 2006
I don't understand the less than stellar reviews for this item, particularly the one complaining about the thin base - it has a heavy base and an excellent non-stick surface. I've cooked stuff in it from rice to casseroles (did I mention it's oven-proof too?) without any problems.

This is some of the best non-stick cookware out there. Comparing this with a rival brand beginning with T (ahem!) I bought one of their top of the range saute pans - just as pricey as Anonlon - just over three years ago and I placed said pan in the trash last week. There's little sadder in cookware than a 'non-stick pan' that you have to oil...I can't see that happening to this pan in many years.

Plus this will replace both your 26cm saute AND your wok, since it has good high sides and is excellent for stir-frying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential, 23 April 2003
Paula Cogan (Ballsbridge, Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased an Analon chef's pan more than four years ago, and it is easily the best item of cookware that I have ever used. Nothing ever sticks to it, which makes cooking with it and cleaning it afterwards really, really easy. I use a saucepan to cook potatoes, rice or pasta, and I use this pan for absolutely everything else. It's size makes it ideal for an everything-in-the-pan meal - I fry meat on the hob, then add vegetables, potatoes, pulses, seasonings & tomato juice and pop it into the oven as a casserole. It's totally versatile - unlike a lot of pans with plastic handles, which you can't put in the oven (unless you want a totally unique food flavour!)
As I mentioned, mine is now over four years old. It has, for the last two and a half years, been unavoidably subjected to my mother-in-law's pot-scrub (don't try this at home). As a result of this, the non-stick coating is now almost gone on the bottom of the pan. But, despite this, food still doesn't stick... I'm not too sure how that works, but I'm very glad it does.
Although I could definately live without this pan, I'm pretty sure I couldn't cook without it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of cookware, 24 April 2003
I've had one of these pans for two years now and am very impressed. After a lot of use and abuse the non-stick surface is still effective. The pan also feels good to use, not too heavy and easily manipulated. Minor niggles include the fact that the handle will get hot, but most chef pans are like this. Would I buy another one? Without a doubt. I also highly recommend the small anolon saucepan - it's fantastic for hollandaise.

5.0 out of 5 stars indestructable, 20 Nov 2003
I've had these pans for four years now and they are quite literally indestructable. They may be relatively expensive but they're worth every penny (and this is the best price I've ever seen) They cook evenly and if you're careful to use plastic or wooden spoons they will remain scratch free. I think they are guaranteed for a lifetime and I doubt Meyer will lose out on this.
On the rare occasions when I've left a pan unwatched and burned the contents I've been astonished to watch the black charcoal disc slide out of the cooled pot. It's almost worth burning something just to watch this.
My sole criticism would be that the handle occasionally heats up to the point that you need to use a towel to lift the pot. I see that Mayer have responded to this and the new version on sale has a heat proof handle.
Put them on your wedding list. You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 10 Oct 2007
I've never written a review before but felt I had to so as to redress the balance as some people have NOT rated this pan which baffles me. I have used the pan almost daily for 7 years and looks almost new. I have used it to cook risottos, stir frys, curries, stews etc. It is immensely versatile and seriously non-stick (I have even one one occassion completely forgot about something on a pretty high heat only to discover all liquid had gone and I was left with a dark mass - I assumed I had ruined the pan but NO it easily came up sparkling). I guess the people with the blackened bottom had been using metal kitchen tools in it (or other members of their family had! The comment from Analon saying one of their customers must have had it on too high a heat confuses me also as I have had the pan on some seriously high heat). I now own the full range and love them all although the milk pan only just sit flush on the stove although I'd say that an issue with the stove.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced under lifetime guarantee, 9 Dec 2005
By A Customer
After about 4 years the non-stick went on this pan. Although it had had a lot of use I contacted Meyer as I felt I had looked after the pan well. They advised me to return the pan by parcel post so they could take a look at it. About a week later I received a brand new pan and a covering letter saying that there had been manufacturing fault. I know they are not always replaced as I have seen another review on Amazon from a disappointed customer, but I am more than satisfied and as a result will be buying another set as a present.

2.0 out of 5 stars good pan, but doesn't stand the pace, 23 April 2003
Nice weight and size of saute pan and excellent when new.