Neon Nights
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£2.22+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

What can I say apart from buy, buy, buy! 'Neon Nights' is full of elecric pop hits. There isn't one bad song on this album, just hit after hit.
You get Dannii's top 10 smashes 'Who do you Love now?(#3), 'Put the Needle on it (#7), 'I Begin to Wonder (#2), and her latest single 'Don't Wanna Lose this Feeling'.
After this there is a treasure trove of #1's just waiting to be heard. 'Hey!(So what)',a flirty number perfet for hot summer nights (well we can dream), 'Creep', a darker, more sultry number, 'For the Record', a pure 80's throwback, 'Vibe On', a cheeky little song that is actually about music vibes pumping from a stereo (some people have such dirty minds), and the beautiful haunting ballad 'It won't Work out' all stand out, and would no doubt be hit singles.
Then there is 'Mighty Fine', a lovely light pop tune that screams 70's, 'On the loop', 'Mystified', 'Push' and 'A Piece of Time', showing what Dannii does best - stomping dance numbers!
And finally - lets get to the extras. At the end of 'It won't Work out' there is the fantastic dance remix of 'Come and get it', as well as the music videos for 'I Begin to Wonder', Put the Needle on it', and 'Who do you Love now?'. There is also a photo gallery.
Well, what more do you need to know? 'Neon Nights' is simply the best album I've heard in a long time, and believe me, I'm fussy.
on 5 October 2003
Buzzin'. That's what you'll be when you've finished listening to this fine collection from Dannii Mingogue. Effervescent pop that hits the spot. Apart from the main singles, high spots are 'Mystified' and 'Vibe On'. Oh, and if you're getting ready to go out for the night, it certainly gets you ready for the floor.
on 3 May 2003
OMG! Words cannot describe how wonderful this album really is. Dannii has always lived under the shadow of her sister Kylie, but this year, Dannii has ended up right in the spotlight! "Neon Nights" is a brilliant album of electronic pop and dance that is just ever so captivating.
1)Put the Needle on It - This is the first single that started it all. The heavy bass and dark electronic sounds goes great on the dance floor. A
2) Creep - This is a good song with great vocals and complex electronics. A nice dance track. A+
3) I Begin to Wonder - The second single which is sitting at the top of the charts. The vocals and music mesh together perfectly and you just can't help but dance to this one. A+
4) Hey! (So What) - This is another nice dance track that sounds a bit similar to 'Put the Needle on It' but without the dark sounding music. This song has a great chorus. A-
5) For the Record - I like this song, like I do all of them, but this one isn't one of my favorites. It's just a bit TOO peppy, if you know what I mean. I'll still listen to it on occasion, but I usually skip this one. C
6) Mighty Fine - Along the same lines as 'For the Record', but just a little better. This is a very catchy dance tune. C+
7) On the Loop - This one is one of my favorites. A very fast song to get you grooving! I especially like the ending, where Dannii experiments with different electronic sounds and blips. Some of it sound like a video game, but not in that annoying sort of way. I really like this one. A+
8) Push - I love this one as well. I can't help but think that Dannii is borrowing this song from someone because the music and words sound strangely familiar...whatever. I love this song. The bassline is heavy, which I happen to love. A-
9) Mystified - I love this song and it's chorus is so catchy. This track is good to crank up really lound in the car and just jam. A+
10) Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling - This one is okay. It seems like a filler to me, but I give it the occasional listen. I'm a bit bummed that it's going to be released as the album's third single. I think that 'Hey! (So What)' or 'Mystified' would do much better on the air waves. C
11) Vibe On - The first time I gave this track a listen, my reaction was "Oh my" ...and then I played it over and over again, dancing wildly to it! Yes, Dannii has chosen to write a song dedicated to her vibrator, but this is so funny! I mean, you can't go wrong with lyrics like: "Jump on top it / Sit right on it / Plug it in / Give me my vibe on / Gotta have vibrations"
And then later in the song, she breaks out into a rap and sings about riding ponies, stimulating etc... Oh! and at the beginning, Dannii moans and some freak says: "Oh my God! Look what she's got in her bag! Does anyone know where I can get one of those??" LOL !!!!!!!!! I love it! A+
12) A Piece of Time - Hmmm...I like the song, but I can't help but think that this song is blatantly sexual. Dannii puts a lot of emphasis on the word 'coming' and 'come'. (Well, she does in 'Put the Needle on It' and 'Creep' as well...) BUT, I like the funky beat and the song just flows well. B+
13) Who Do You Love Now? - Well, well, well. The ultimate dance hit of 2002. I love this song. I hear this all the time in the clubs and I love it. You've all heard it so I'll save my breath (or typing, whatever). A-
14) It Won't Work Out - I like this song a lot and it's the only ballad on the album. It's a great way to end 'Neon Nights', THE best album of 2003. A
**Also, there is a hidden track that starts at 6:05 on track 14. ('It Won't Work Out' ends at 4:04 and you have to jump two minutes ahead). The hidden track is a bit bland but worth a listen. *hidden track rating: B-*
All in all, Dannii Minogue's "Neon Nights" is an awesome album and you all should give it a try if you haven't already.
***STANDOUT TRACKS***
Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling
***OVERALL ALBUM GRADE***
94% A
on 8 July 2003
Lets start with wot we all know and love about dannii - her absolutely stormin DANCE tunes. All I can say is what a dissapointment Neon Nights is if ure hoping for tunes along the lines of WHO DO U LOVE KNOW AND I BEGIN TO WONDER. So why has this muppett of a reviewer given this album 5 stars i hear u ask?????!!!!!
Well although i was hoping for dancier tunes the others more than substitute for this, theyre kinda poppy than dancy but what impressed me most was the use of music - which I know sounds daft but when u hear the songs ull know wot i mean, some of the sounds are very original and somewot brave to even think about making a song from ie PIECE OF TIME
Not only are her tunes incredibly original and fresh her lyrics are also daring especially with VIBE ON (I need not say more)
PS BY THE WAY THE REVIEWER WHO SAID THIS ALBUM IS DISCO IS LYIN - there are 2 songs (HEY SO WOT AND DONT WANNA LOOSE THIS FEELIN) WHICH ARE A BIT DISCO but the rest of the album is kinda wot id call dirty dance music or dark pop.
Finally i would say to all who wanna buy the album do it now just for the album version of DONT WANNA LOSE THIS FEELIN coz its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than the single version!!!!!!!!
CD1

'Put The Needle On It' - A sexy dance number with plenty of nudge, nudge, Wink, Wink references. (#7 UK commercial, #1 UK dance).

'Creep' - Dark and sultry this track is best after dark.

'I Begin To Wonder' - Dannii's highest reaching single (#2 c #1 d)

'Hey! (So What)' - A lovely poppy, sing-a-long track, you won't be able to keep your feet still with this!

'For The Record' - A lighter more flirty number, yet still very danceable.

'Mighty Fine' - A fantastically retro, fluffy pop number.

'On The Loop' - Heavy on the synchs, surprising for a `pop' artist. Very well done.

'Push' - Another naughty dance number, again this will get stuck in your head.

'Mystified' - Lyrically urban, but heavy synchs.

'Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling' - Dannii's last NN single (#5 c #1 d), a lighter, more `pop' track.

'Vibe On' - Dannii has fun with this pop track with urban overbites, which, apparently, is about music vibes pumping from a speaker, not products from Anne Summers. Dannii injects her cheeky humour into this. Oh, she even raps!!

'A piece of Time' - One of Dannii's favourites, this dance track is a bit heavier, that sounds somewhat similar to something Paul Oakenfield may release.

'Who Do You Love Now?' - The song that launched Dannii's comeback, another hit (#3 c #1 d) that will have you up on the dance floor.

`Come And Get It' - A remix of this song was hidden at the end of the original NEON NIGHTS. This radio edit is far superior & screams "single!"

`Nervous' - Originally a b-side, this fantastic track was wasted first time round.

`Just Can't Give You Up' - Unreleased anywhere else, this is another dance number, whose chorus will get stuck in your head. "I just can't give you up ohh ooohhhh"

`Hide And Seek' - Again, this more musically experimental track was wasted as a b-side.

`Don't Wanna Lose This Groove' - Madonna herself gave this bootleg the thumbs up!

`Est-Ce Que Tu M'Aimes Encore?' - WHO DO YOU LOVE NOW? With French vocals. To my non-fluent ears it sounds fantastic!

`Goodbye Song' - Dannii has the strongest b-sides. The lyrics are quite random, but very catchy.

`It Won't Work Out' - This is the acoustic version, entirely different to the one released on the original NEON NIGHTS. Everyone who has heard it loves it.

CD 2

`Don't Wanna Lose This Groove' (Extended Version)

`Begin To Spin Me Round' (Extended Version) - This extremely popular bootleg received an impressive amount of airplay.

`Who Do You Love Now?' (Riva's Bora Bora Club Mix) - This mix was only released in the Netherlands.

`Put The Needle On It' (Jason Nevins Freak Club Creation Mix)

Hide And Seek (Thriller Jill Original Extended Mix) - An unreleased mix.

`Come And Get It' (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) - An unreleased mix.

`Put The Needle On It' (Tiga's Cookies Dub)

`Creep' (Jon Dixon Club Mix) - Unreleased mix of the popular album track.

`I Begin To Wonder' (Almighty Transensual Club Mix) - An unreleased mix.

`Put The Needle On It' (Cicada Vocal Mix)

`Come And Get It' (Sharam Jey Remix) - An unreleased mix.

`Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling' (Jupiter Ace Speared Thru The Heart Mix) - Yet another unreleased mix!
on 24 March 2004
Some of my friends/family are surprised that I listen to Dannii as I am a strictly r&b/hip-hop fan and aren't particularly interested in her older sis Kylie. Dannii has had her detractors in the past but this record more than proves her artistic ability. I must admit I never thought much of her music until she release the dance-floor smash 'Who do you love now?'(which reached number3 in the u.k. charts) followed by the Missy influenced 'Put the needle on it.' Prompting me to buy the LP in its week of release. I was not dissappointed. Its a successful blend of dance, pop, 80's electro-pop and urban music.
I'd definately recommend this album and if unlike me you are unsure if its your cup of tea give it a go and you might discover you love it. Listen to this if you like artist such as Kylie, Paulina Rubio, Kelis, Nivea, Sheena Easton, Brandy and Richard X.
on 20 March 2003
Who do you love now was a fantastic record and showed Dannii Minogue coming back with a new style and presenting herself as a dance diva. It was catchy aswell as credible. Then a year on and the even better Put the Needle on It was released. Sultry dance beats and Dannii's soothing vocals made it another killer tune. Now Dannii's finally had her closest chance of a number one with the dance-floor filler,I Begin to Wonder. All the tracks are fantastic but in a way it seems to reduce in quality as the cd progresses. It starts with a bang with put the needle on it but seems to fade as we reach mystified and push. Dannii's a lovely girl and deserves to do well. Just for I begin to wonder and put the needle on it any pop or dance fan should own this cd.
VINE VOICEon 2 August 2008
If there's one person who's followed Kylie Minogue around like a little shadow for the past two and a bit decades, it's her little sister Dannii. Though of course it's easy to forget that Dannii was, temporarily at a young age, the more famous of the two in Australia's Young Talent Time when she was 14, up until the release of this album in 2003 she was still having moderate chart success, but nothing to stand up next to the chart topping triumphs Kylie had had. It was in that year however, when she returned with her first new material since 1997's "Girl" album, that that all partially changed.

OK, so whilst Neon Nights didn't produce a #1 single - the closest Dannii got to the top were with her two singles from this album that remain her biggest hits to date - November 2001's Riva collaboration "Who Do You Love Now? (Stringer)" which reached #3 and March 2003's anthemic "I Begin To Wonder" which reached #2 - it is still an immaculate set of songs that, in many ways, made up for a lot of the sophisticated dancefloor vibes that were nowhere to be seen on Kylie's "Body Language" album from the same year.

Though there are times on this album when she overdoes the sultry breathing against squelchy synths a bit too much - "Vibe On" and "Creep" being cases in point - but at the album's high points there are some brilliant dance pop tracks co-written with the likes of Korpi and Blackcell and Jewels and Stone - addictive tracks like "For The Record", "On The Loop" and this album's other huge hit "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" that could all quite easily fill a dancefloor in Ibiza or Leicester Square. If you've casually dismissed Dannii's music as being beneath Kylie's, my advice would be to get this album, and listen with an open mind. You may pleasantly surprised at her often overlooked display of talent.
on 31 January 2008
Neon nights was originally released back in 2003, and it faired well based on the success of its four british singles. This new package includes the b-sides and remixes (the majority being unreleased mixes). Whilst the original album is presesnt on disc 1 in all its glory, with outstanding tracks such as 'piece of time' and 'creep', its disc 2 that really does this package justice. The album itself is a fantastic dancefloor workout, and its further explored through the club mixes, most of which were originally promo only tools made for dj's to boost Dannii's popularity and credibilty on the club scene... They definantley did the trick. Highlights include the thriller jill remix of 'hide and seek', possibly one of the best remixes Dannii has had done, likewise the new remix of 'who do you love now?' (by Riva himself) adds new dimension to a track that what orignally instrumental with vocals added much later! This sounds like it was always meant to be a vocal track. Similarly, official bootleg mixes are included based on their popularity both in the clubs and the radio. The very popular Cicada mix of 'put the needle on it' is included, Dannii's most high profile remix at this point in time, thus showing how far she had come and the direction that she intended to go. The remixes obviously influenced future projects with flower power and soul seekerz, and most recently Dannii colaborated with Jason Nevins (who remixed put the needle on it) based on the remix which appears here. All in all, if you like the club based sound Dannii has followed in recent years, this is where Dannii came into her own, creating a landmark album that would shape her sound in coming hits. A must Have!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I never was a "Dannii Fan". I've always loved Kylie, but Dannii was just never my cup of tea. Until, that is, I heard the new sound that is "Neon Nights".
I have often wondered just what it is that has kept Dannii from the number 1 spot. We have had some truley stomping tunes released from this dance diva over the past few months and yet not a number 1 in sight. Have no doubts, Neon Nights will put the antipodean treasure onto the top spot. Maybe not straight away, but she will get there!
An album simply full of potential hit singles, this really should have a place in your CD collection. It's not the thing to lothe a minogue these days, you've simply got to love 'em!