5.0 out of 5 stars I had forgotten, 23 Jun 2003
This review is from: DJ Skully: Champion Sounds (Audio CD)
S'been a while since I bothered to do a review, I've bought some really good albums recently, J5, the very best of De La Soul, Nas etc.., I've also heard some great mixtapes and enjoyed them all. Couple of months back I got the Champion sounds sampler - 4 tracks off the album and was well happy with it, three days ago I bought the album.......goddam it's hot. Seriously hot, some amazing turntable skills, tight mixing, brainmelting scratching but then you'd expect that of a DMC champ. The choice of tunes is what really separates this from most mix albums - put simply there is no weak link. Every single tune is a monster, I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a tape/cd and didn't start track skipping after a couple of listenings.
I had forgotten - Skully made me remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a fantastic album!, 30 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: DJ Skully: Champion Sounds (Audio CD)
I've had this album for several months now, but I still believe that this is the finest in my collection, fantastic mixing and scratching, and fabulous standout tunes from Celph Titled, Terrafirma, Estelle, Jehst/Tommy Evans. But overall, there is no weak track on the album. It's an album that I just can't see myself tiring of.
Even if you aren't the biggest hip-hop fan in the world, I honestly think you would like this. It's also a great introduction to the best the U.K. has to offer, and has also made me more aware of the lesser known U.S. artists.
This simply is a must buy album if ever there was one.

5.0 out of 5 stars SKULLY CUTS 'EM UP AGAIN!!!!, 31 Mar 2003
This review is from: DJ Skully: Champion Sounds (Audio CD)
Kettering towns musical super hero lets rip on his debut album Champion Sounds and could there be a more appropriate title for the DMC UK Champion!!!! 16 exclusive hip hop classics that don't let up on the addictive head bobbin vibe. Jewels in this crown include Canibus' "Escape to victory", Klashnekoff feat Joe Buhdha and Terrafirma on 'B 4 U Die (The Burial)' and of course the Are feat lyrical genius Jehst & Tommy Evans on 'Nouveau Riche'mixed with the deadly cuts and juggles that made Skully a household name amoung the realest hip hop heads. If nothing else, this album proves that the commercial swerve that rap has hit in the past few years has not killed this great musical artform and that people with real talent (like Skully) can open doors for the realest forms of Hip Hop.
Peace Skully, keep up the good work and keep rising!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skully owns, 13 Dec 2004
Tim Parker "Tim Parker" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DJ Skully: Champion Sounds (Audio CD)
this cd is out of this world, skully is the best dj out there live or not - mix of uk and us, all styles of beats and rhymes. one of my pure favourites for sure - a must own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 15 July 2005
Raw dog. Nuff said.

ARRAY(0xb142e084)

DJ Skully: Champion Sounds
DJ Skully: Champion Sounds by Skully (Audio CD - 2003)
Click for more info