on 5 October 2012
First off, i love the album "S.F. Sorrow". It IS a masterpiece!
This DVD is a mega let-down. It could've been so much better. Whoever was put in charge of editing this performance needs to be fired. The first and ONLY time the band have ever performed this album in it's entirity and it's hacked to pieces, messed around with and sped up for no reason at all.... maybe to try and make it trippy and give it a lame 60s vibe?? I don't know. It's incredibly annoying though.
The audience are lifeless and seem uninterested too. To be a part of something THIS important in music history, I mean it's filmed IN Studio 2 at Abbey Road Studios for a start!! This is where Pink Floyd and the Beatles have stood and recorded. You'd be able to FEEL at least something in the room... but no.

I enjoyed this dvd for the fact that I know this won't ever be seen again. It's like if Ray Davies did "Village Green" as a one off, and it got filmed.... and then some loon got his hands on it and butchered it. Totally butchered it up.

Also, the entire concert has been filmed in 14:9 but then transferred onto disc as a standard 4:3 so you have an even smaller picture on your screen.
BADLY EDITED!!!! "Baron Saturday" and "I See You" are prime examples, I'm afraid ;(
on 25 May 2004
Diehard fans of the Pretties who missed the web broadcast of this gig were understandably disappointed, until this dvd was released. Then, I imagine, they (we) all rushed to buy this, hoping to see a bit of musical history being made. I, for one, was disappointed. The sound quality of this recording leaves an awful lot to be desired, and the camera work isn't great either.
Then there are the interviews....if you were hoping for some startling or exciting stuff here, you'll be disappointed again. They were interesting, but lacking in something, and left me wanting something more.
Musically, this dvd does not do the band justice. After the initial clamour from those who missed the great event when it went out on the web, the band did a repeat performance, for real, at the Festival Hall in London. That show was astounding,
(I was there) and made up for what this recorded performance lacks. This band have been a force to be reckoned with for so long, that they, and their legions of fans, deserve something better than this to remember them by.
Here's a suggestion: buy "Resurrection" as well, play it a few times, and imagine how good this dvd SHOULD have been.....
on 6 October 2015
Excellent quality sound and vision, Pretties as good as ever.