5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Rap Album, Ecxellent production and well Pollished!
I brought this album, while trying to increase my collection of classic hip-hop albums of this decade, and while almost every list saw in forums included GRODT, I was unsure whether it would meet such high expectations of the hype that surrounded it, and let me tell you know, it certainly does not! I was a fan of 50 when this album first dropped, but didnt actually...
Published on 28 Oct. 2010 by GaZa

3.0 out of 5 stars Take it for what it is
I bought this album as i love hip hop and being one of the biggest selling debuts ever i wanted to see what i missing. And to be honest the album is as i expected yes his image is tacky and generally annoying and his lyrics aren't exactly in the same class as Eminem, B real or 2Pac. But this album does have 2 real saving graces, firstly DR DRE his production and beats...
Published on 12 Dec. 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hip Hop Classic no question about it!!!!!!, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
I remember I bought this album back in 2003....It is like one of my priced possesions literally. Being a hard core hip hop fan I could only praise 50's lrycism. You could feel 50's pain in his voice literally because of the bullet wound to his jaw and his hunger for success was unparrallel at that period of time. My favourite track was 'Many Men'....truly epic.
The whole album is amazing thats why it is a hip hop classic! This album made 50's career!!...If you haven't bought it yet...it's better if you bought it now than later because it is a true classic and you wouldn't want to miss out if you like hardcore hip hop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Die Tryin' Worth Buyin', 13 Mar. 2003
C (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
This album is the first 50cent stuff i've heard, and i'm very impressed. His strong views blended with fine rhymes reminds me of Eminem in his earlier days, who has added a lot to this album. The one thing it perhaps lacks is a little more energy, but i'm sure 50's work will only get better from this excellent first album, definitely worth a purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy album!, 30 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
- One hell of an awesome album.
- This is a must buy. (If you’re a fan of this genre)
- Amazing calibrations with Young Buck, Eminem etc...
- Great follow up to the infamous album Guess Who’s Back.
- A true bench-mark for other up and coming artists to match.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this album or die trying!, 13 April 2003
Steven Roche "SteveStryker" (Renfrewshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
50 Cent...Bar none the best rapper to come from the streets since 2pac!
Get rich is an awesome album. In da club, patiently waiting, heat and make it to heaven are defently the best tracks on the LP. In fact the only dissaponting track in my view is 21 questions (sorry Nate Dogg.)
This album is with out the best thing to come from the streets since 2pac. The best bit is, 50 cent is a real gangster!

5.0 out of 5 stars *Cry*, 18 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
I love the album! Wanksta, In da Club, 21 questions, many men, and so on all great songs! yeah its really great and I just HAD TO SCRATCH IT! :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Some underground praise..., 8 July 2008
I. Waugh (Gateshead, Tyne and Wear) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
I didn't pick this album up until this year (2008) as I'm not normally into this kind of hip hop. I mainly listen to things like Talib Kweli, The Roots and other underground/intelligent stuff.

But I have to say I was surprised by this album, yes 50 raps about the stuff everyone else has said, but he does it in quite an intelligent way and over some dope beats. There are a number of standout tracks and this album is definitely worth listening to.

Just don't expect it to be A Tribe Called Quest, 'cos it definitely isn't. But if you take it for what it is you will enjoy it, and it's great for the car!

(A few too many people on their high horse about this album)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional turnaround., 5 April 2011
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
I love this album. My children wouldn't sleep at night until they heard these songs.

As for me, because of this album I am really starting to get my life back on track.

His songs are like poetry to my ears. When I have the odd moment to contemplate my life I read Tolstoy, watch a beautiful sunset glide across my soul and allow 'fiddy' to rinse through my very being. You make me believe that I can fulfill my dreams 'fiddy'.

No longer am I lost in an aggressive, domestic and haunted dilemma as the ghosts have been set free.

Thank you. But please don't make any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the greatest gangsta rap album ever made !, 13 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
It is impossible for me to really explain to you in words , the greatness of this album . Yes , there is ALOT of hype around this album and yes , it certainly lives up to it . Now , dont be under any illusion that i am a typical foolish young teenager heavily influenced by what i hear , think foul language is cool etc . Because i am not foolish and delusional, i am 14 years old and i am telling you how it is , this is a fantastic album , with slick , skilled production from Dr Dre and Eminem , crunching beats and tight lyrics . Yes , it is explicit in the way it is told and anyone who does not like violent content in music , this is not for you . However I must say I enjoy every song on this album !The first single off this album , In Da Club is a typical Dre club banger with a very catchy , thumping rhythm and good lyrics to go with it . The brilliant 'Wanksta' from the 8 Mile soundtrack fortuneately is included and is certainly one of the best bon the album . The rest of the Dre produced joints being Heat , If I can't and Back Down are strong standout songs on first listening . Patiently Waiting is your more than typical Eminem produced song with good beat and lyrics , the part of Em's verse that changes background music is very cleverly done and great to listen too ! Blood Hound , being Young Buck's first official song release with 50 Cent is a very predictable 'beef' song with constant referances to firearms and bad childhood years , great rhyming lyrics and great sounding music . P.I.M.P is a very addictive sex / love song with pounding steel drums and wording ( unfortuneately the video version of the song featuring snoop dogg and g-unit , being the better version , is not on here but the original is still good.)Finally , Dont Push me , produced by and featuring Eminem and Lloyd Banks is a very good song ( rivalling 'wanksta' in my opinion ) with good sound effects and brilliant violin background . Overall this is gangsta rap in its purest form , great sounding and great to listen to , yes , the way it is portrayed is explicit with constant drug and gun referances and strong language , but behind the content is great sounding music asnd that is the sole reason we like music ! Great debut , much better than 'The Massacre' , this is 50 at his Best ! GGGGGUNIT !

5.0 out of 5 stars I can only give 5 stars unfortunately!, 26 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Get Rich or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
Brillaint album, a must buy for any 50 cent or rap fan & I think there is about 1 track on this album which is a bit rubbish, but hey whats one track?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 9 Jan. 2004
Brett Nealon (Birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
It does annoy me slightly how easily 5 stars are awarded. In my opinion 5 stars should only be awarded to the truly brilliant albums, which this isn't.
However, if you're a hip-hop fan, my advice would still be - buy this album!! 50 Cent isn't the greatest rapper ever, infact he really isn't too special at all, but that isn't of too much importance here - what's striking is the beats. If you've only heard the released songs, In Da Club, 21 Questions and P.I.M.P, the rest of the songs are all pretty similar, all catchy tunes with average but pretty much irrelevant lyrics. Standout tunes in my opinion are Heat, If I Can't, Poor Lil Rich and Don't Push Me, although there are barely any weak tracks here. This is a good album for anyone who doesn't take their hip-hop too seriously, which I'd certainly recommend. Hardcore hip-hop fans might not like this cos the lyrics and deliverly aren't awe-inspiring by any state of the imagination, but it's still well worth a listen at least.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
Get Rich Or Die Tryin' by 50 Cent (Audio CD - 2003)