Format: DVD|Change

on 30 December 2003
The episode guide given above is actually for Mission 01 episodes 1 to four. The actual episode names are:
Episode 5: Whispered
Episode 6: Still Alive
Episode 7: Boy Meets Girl
Episode 8: Part-Time Steady
Simply put this DVD is continuing a brilliant anime series. The humour is still there but the AS's (big mechanical suits if you're new to the series) appear more often and there is much more combat.
If you haven't yet seen this series I would recommend reviewing the first DVD in this series as the reviews provide a good indepth view of how it is all set out.
A brilliant buy offering subtitles and offering both english (with the option of english subtitles for the intoduction and ending scenes) and the original japanese languages.
on 12 October 2005
I bought this after a friend recommended it to me, he had always tried to get me to watch anime but I somehow automatically discounted anime, perhaps I thought of it as a cartoon and slightly childish.
As soon as I started watching the first of the four of these missions I realised that these were impressive, the quality of the anime, the way that the characters could actually still get across vivid emotions, oh and the humor in throughout really appealed to me. With the central characters of Sousuke and Kaname in the way that they interact you really do get the feeling of what is being conveyed whether it is Kaname's frustrations with Sousuke, or his embarrassment when things are not going too smoothly. This was something that I never expected from anime and quickly I was captivated by the whole idea and the world that was put across.
It is quite hmm scfi-ish with the robot AS's but really that just provides the setting and the environment in which the series is set. However, this is so much more than just a sc-fi anime, it has comedy, romance and adventure so don't be deterred by thinking it's just about robots etc... as you truly will be missing out.
Oh and one final thing if just for the theme tune music alone I would give this five stars it is so catchy and fun it's simply irresistible, I do not know how anyone could dislike this if they give it a chance. Perhaps as I have not seen much anime (after watching this I have seen a few others but none that appeal to me quite so much) there are better series' out there but I'm sure that you will enjoy this one anyway.
on 14 March 2004
This was the first anime I'd ever bought, and although I wasn't too sure about it when I saw it the first time, I can honestly say it's grown on me.
Before I bought this DVD I'd been reading manga instead of watching animations, and this series was the first I read that I found an anime for. The manga was quite a lot different, because although it follows much the same plot, with main themes, it also adds a lot and takes away things the anime has. The characters also seemed a bit different, but there none the less likeable and they make the show really fun to watch.
I gotta say I liked the second set a lot more than the first one (mainly because it has more action), but you really can't buy that without getting this one, because the story evolves so much in these four episodes.
I reckon if you've never seen FMP befotre you should get something cheaper like the manga first, because you'll probably need to get both DVDs to like it, and that'll be a lot to spend, after which you may not like it... so spend less first and you may save the money you'd have spent.
on 28 November 2005
If you like mecha, action, comedy and romance in youre anime then youre gonna love this. It combines all of these genres into one, and creates its own genre at the same time. Theres lovable characters, character development, and much more. The first volume gets you straight into the action, comedy and romance. Introducing you to all the charcters in awesome way. This sets you up for a good series. The volume leaves you wanting more and more, as does the series. I suggest, "you buy it now!"
on 29 October 2003
This has to be one of the best anime series I've ever seen, definately my favourite. Lovable characters, it has action and humour in equal balance. A must for any anime fan, from a seasoned okatu to someone who just likes to watch the occasional cartoon! Kaname Chidori, the school girl with anger problems, Sagara Souske - Anime's answer to James Bond and my personal favourite, Kurz Weber - the cheesiest and yet best character ever to grace a dvd. Buy the series!
on 1 May 2013
Ordered for my brothers Christmas present, he enjoyed it, and would recommend to people wanting to see it, 5 out of 5.
on 21 January 2005
Buy this anime if your a fan of mecha, comedy and romance. Fmp contains all of this and presents it with great succes. The animation is superbe, sleak and smooth and the charachter designs i feel where very original especially with aid of the voice talent. The plot however can sometimes be tediuos and boring (at some points) and you will perhaps just want to skip the parts when the plot has to be spoon fed to it's audience. However this creates a great sense of desire for the anime as youll find after each episode you want more and more. (ohh and by the way once youve finished the anime you would be wise to get the manga novels or wait until fomuffu the second series of Fmp comes out, you wont regret it)
One of the other bad point about this anime was the romance. Yes there does seem to be chemestry between the two charachters, but we are never relly given anything more or what we really want, for christ sake they could have at least kissed.
Anyway besides this Fmp makes for a great mecha anime with the plot and intresting charachters to boost it.
Go on buy it its worth every penny and im telling u it will be everything u expected and more.
on 30 December 2003
This is a great manga for fans of mech battles and ans of manga comedy. The animations are superb and it is really easy to follow providing you watch the first one.
on 29 February 2004
I've seen missions 1 and 2 of this series so far, and so far have found it a little bit cliched in that its trying to be a regular high school adolescent comedy with some covert military mecha action on the side. Its quite funny but nothing you haven't seen before if you've seen shows like Tenchi Muyo or Evangelion. The animation quality is quite good with cleanly designed characters and the mecha fight scenes are very cool. Not the best anime you'll find but worth a look if your a devoted fan.