5.0 out of 5 stars In a rage with Sage?
Published on 3 Feb 2004 by Keith Lucas

2.0 out of 5 stars Costs more time than it saves you
Published on 6 Nov 2003 by Steve Salmon

5.0 out of 5 stars In a rage with Sage?, 3 Feb 2004
Keith Lucas "luke_armstrong" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QuickBooks 2003 Regular (CD-ROM)
I was utterly frustrated and bewildered with Sage after 18 months of trying to fathom out debits, credits, trial balances and ledgers (it even records an 'audit trail' of every mistaken entry you ever corrected... as if to remind you of your misery!). After this, QuickBooks was a breath of fresh air. No accountancy jargon, simple to understand and user-friendly enough for anyone to use. VAT returns are a doddle and I no longer dread keeping track of my business finances. If you are a small business with better things to do than tearing your hair out over book-keeping try it. It certainly worked for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best accounts package for small businesses, 13 May 2003
LS (Oxford England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QuickBooks 2003 Regular (CD-ROM)
Having used both QuickBooks and Sage, take my word for it - QuickBooks is THE best small business accounts package. It's easy to learn and use (none of that accounting jargon that makes my head swim), it has intuitive interfaces for recording transactions, and it's easy to get around in the programme. I know how well my business is doing in a few mouse clicks. I can instantly tell how much I owe others, and what my customers owe me. But it can do so much more, it's amazing! I can memorise standing orders and other regular transactions, so I don't have to enter them every time, pass on costs to my customers easily (and print a report that tells me if I forgot to!), reconcile my bank accounts, set up a budget, keep track of stock, export info to Excel, make my invoices look the way I want them to...the list goes on and on. One of the things I especially like is the QuickBooks preset reports - two mouse clicks and I've got access to loads of preset reports that tell me in detail what is going on. I love the fact that I can drill down on the transactions behind any report to see what was actually entered. And I can quickly create a report myself and memorise it for quicker access next time. Try doing that in Sage! Best of all, it keeps the books balanced in the background, making my year end so much easier. BEST MONEY you'll spend to help you run your business better - and at this price, it's not much to pay.

2.0 out of 5 stars Costs more time than it saves you, 6 Nov 2003
Steve Salmon (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QuickBooks 2003 Regular (CD-ROM)
This package is definitely NOT the best software for small businesses. As a previous reviewer has pointed out it is very time consuming to set up and to use. It is inflexible and not at all user friendly. I'm degree educated, computer literate and have been running a business for 7 years so I'm sure it's not me. It's full of jargon and quite possibly may please an accountant who has plenty of time on their hands. For a small business person entering information into this unwieldly beast takes up more time than it actually saves.

2.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, 16 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: QuickBooks 2003 Regular (CD-ROM)
As a sole trader I was looking for software to ease the day-to-day management of a very simple business. However on receipt of Quickbooks 2003 I was disappointed at the level of complexity. I spent many days trying to understand, and set-up the software – more to do with the terminology used and level of detail required to get started. Another area that was weak was the customisation of the invoice. Although the invoice could be changed and a ‘reasonable’ invoice could be created, the technology was unstable – i.e. Identical Fonts settings not appearing consistently, and fonts disappearing from the selection box, requiring a restart for retrieval.
I am sure for the accountancy literate this is a fantastic tool, but for the very small business, who is looking for a daily aid and not a replacement of their accountant I feel this is complete over-kill

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounts, 26 April 2003
Frank Maher (Nenagh, Tipperary Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QuickBooks 2003 Regular (CD-ROM)
Quickbooks is the best accounts program for small to medium size business bar none

QuickBooks 2003 Regular
QuickBooks 2003 Regular by Intuit (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
Out of stock