Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 June 2013
Remember when Jorn was at the height of his powers? When his melodic rock voice could get no better? This is the album that for me showed he had come of age. Roland Grapow also shoes that he is no slouch in this beautifully crafted metal album. For me the stand out track is Enlighten me. It must rank as one of the best melodic metal anthems ever, it is such a pity the song did not catch the public attention. There is not one bad track on this album.
on 23 October 2015
This album won awards on its release for 'Best European Newcomer' and, even on first listen, you can see why.

The album is well-written, well-played, upbeat and enjoyable and not a dull moment on it - very varied and melodic. Of course, on first listen, some tracks stand out more than others, particularly 'Enlighten Me' (which I've heard before nearly every concert I've been to and had always wondered what it was), 'Crystal Night', 'Soulburn' and 'Bleeding Eyes'.

Track by track:
-Spirit Never Die - an upbeat and fairly thrash metal track - a good headbanging track
-Enlighten Me - a beautiful track which never fails to affect me emotionally - the harmonies on this are superb. It's a fairly commercial track (and was released as a cut-down single) but none the worse for that
-Kind Hearted Light - not one of my favourites but a pleasant listen
-Crystal Night - very heavy and with an anti-Nazi message - a real stomping track
-Soulburn - the longest track on the album and a bit of a melodic epic - really beautiful
-Heroes - the most Helloween-like track (2 members were ex-Helloween) with Michael Kiske guesting on vocals - pleasant enough
-Sail On - one of my favourites - very 'jolly' and sing-along with a driving beat - a thoroughly enjoyable track
-Into The Light - thoughtful lyrics on an unexpected subject with absolutely beautiful music and guitar break
-Crawling From Hell - not a favourite track of mine and one of the weaker ones on the album but varied and definitely not boring
-Bleeding Eyes - in my opinion this is by far the best track on the album.. Quite chilling and very heavy with eastern influences. Remind me of Led Zep's Kashmir...
-When Loves Comes Close - a lot of male rockers moan about this as it is a romantic subject but the track is actually stunning and beautiful with Roland's best guitar break on the album. It definitely isn't soppy!

The ever popular Jorn Lande is on vocals on this album and his singing is superb (as most people say). Although most people will simply rave about Jorn, I'd like to give a mention for Roland Grapow's guitarwork on the album. I personally think he's superb (as well as gorgeous ;-).

An album to listen to over and over again - I don't often put anything on continuous play but this one often is.
on 2 October 2013
great album, it don't get any better than this. Scandinavian rock at it's best.
worth a listen. keep it coming.
on 15 August 2015
Amazing voice of jorn landed once Again .
on 17 October 2010
I found this to be one enjoyable album. I especially loved "Spirit Never Dies" as one message in that song is never to give up, no matter how hard things get and I also like "Heroes" a lot. This is one excellent CD.
on 19 January 2015