5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Sublime Sound Ever!!!!
Published on 15 July 2005 by Audrey Flanagan

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all
If you want something with a little more beat within the chill/ambient genre, then this is a good buy.
Not quite as good as others with similar style like Leftfield and W.Orbit. Only real gripe is that some of the tracks feel a bit generic.
Published on 16 Dec 2002 by misr69

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Sublime Sound Ever!!!!, 15 July 2005
Audrey Flanagan "mekere" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
I bought this album after I bought Bent Ariels and was intrigued by the beautiful voice of the vocalist Rachel Foster. After a search on the net & finding that she had colaborated with the one & only Andy Cato on an album I immediately bought it and slapped it on in the car on the way home. Well.....I stayed in the car in the drive until I had listened to the last beat. I brought it inside & listened to it again... & again...& again.....I can safely say this is the most perfect, sublime, fantastically beautiful cd I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. MORE PLEASE!!!!! & SOON!!! Buy this cd, you will not be disapointed...promise! Oh and someone give Rachel Foster her own album if anyone deserves it she does, a truely brilliant awe inspiring voice & song writing talent! She should be snapped up immediately!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great title, and the album does it justice., 17 Aug 2002
R. P. Greenhalgh "Richard P. Greenhalgh" (Frome, Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
This was an impulse purchase. I had never heard of the ‘Weekend Players’ before buying this album! If you are also in the dark…
‘Weekend Players’ comprises Andy Cato (of ‘Groove Armada’ fame) and vocalist Rachel Foster – between them they wrote all the material on this album. I will admit straight away that I really like this album. It is certainly one for the summer, but good enough that I think I will still be listening to it when this summer is only a memory.
So where does it lie on the music landscape?
I know this is bound to be a very contentious way of placing it, and await the criticism with interest! My thoughts are that it is somewhere along a line drawn between Kosheen’s ‘Resist’ and Aurora’s eponymous debut album; on balance nearer the former than the latter. These are real songs with real lyrics; in other words the sort of lyric that still makes sense when read on the inlay card (where they are to be found, incidentally).
This might sound like a recipe for boredom: despite boasting only eleven tracks, it runs for over an hour. Rather than just a mix of “singles” and “fillers”, this is an album that is best heard in its entirety. Part of the reason why this album is such satisfying listening is that, as the title might suggest, ‘Pursuit of Happiness’ actually has a rare sense of unity. For that reason alone, though I have my favourites, I will not review any individual tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars It still has it 3 years on!!!, 28 July 2005
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
Cool, classy, chilled, faultless.
After 3 summers it still hits the spot. Chillout has lost some of its sparkle in the last couple of years and music moves on as ever. But some things still shine out from the mists of wallpaper music. This does!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate chill out CD......., 15 Nov 2004
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
What a fantastic CD - like a lot of people, I stumbled across the Weekend Players on a compilation CD. I can't rate this high enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pursuit??? I think I've FOUND happiness!, 17 May 2003
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
I stumbled upon this album after listening to 21st Century on one of those mixed Euphoria type albums my missus has lying about, and liked it so much I found out that it was off an album called Pursuit of Happiness by the Weekend Players.
Now I don't profess to know much about music but this I found really excellent for chilling out and putting on when come back in from a club with friends. I think this album is rare in that all tracks have merit rather than an album riding on the success of one song, which contains one semi-ok track that's been repeated ad nauseum on the radio.
This album was different. It gave me more than most albums I have listened to... a sense of (sounds twee I know) happiness/well being. It's great in the depths of night returning from a few bars, and just as good relaxing in the garden on a summery saturday afternoon.
If you like to relax, like a female vocalist with a great voice and like laid-back beats get it. I was smitten by the song "21st century" alone and found the album to have much the same effect.
Buy this album if you buy anything! It's just THAT good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer songs, 19 Aug 2002
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
It may have a bit more than a glimmer of Groove Armada's laid back style in it, but this album provides track after track of faultless summer grooves. Perfect for chilling out in the sun wherever you are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice indeed, 20 Oct 2003
N. JOSEPH "Nick J" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
I purchased this album purely on the strengths of the singles "21st Century" and "Into the Sun", both of which I heard on the "Essential Selection" on Radio 1. I've also heard some awesome mixes of "Into the Sun".
Yes it can be cliched into the "Summer chillin" or "4am Post club beats" but take nothing away from it, It's as original as any other album of this genre.
My favourite track has to be "Higher Ground" which is a hugely downtempo affair with some great chords and beats. Obviosuly 21st Century is a classic as is Into the sun.
All in all, Quality album.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all, 16 Dec 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness found, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
I first heard this band as their track '21st century' was playing in a coffee shop on Lanzarote 2 years ago. My boyfriend and I were taken by the tune, the rhythm and Rachel's husky voice. Superb dance track. I then listened to more of their stuff on youtube and I was hooked.
I can name on one hand how many female voices do it for me and Rachel's is right up there. I could listen to her ALL night.

Not a duff track in our opinion and it can be listened to again and again. Lovely production. Lovely tunes. Beautiful voice.

She's almost as good as me! ;-)

Buy it. Love it. xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Pursuit of Joy, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Pursuit of Happiness (Audio CD)
"Pursuit of Happiness" by Weekend Players is a collection of songs that are both blissful and unique. I was introduced to this group through the song "Jericho" on Ultimate Chilled 4. Every song on "Pursuit of Happiness" is satisfying but I admit that both versions of "Walking Into The Sun" and "Pursuit of Happiness" are among my favorites in this compilation. I admit that this is partially influenced by the fact that I had heard "Walking Into The Sun" in one of my dreams (during my REM phase of sleep)within the past 88 hours. "Pursuit of Happiness" by the Weekend Players is good for those who enjoy chillout and/or electronica music.

Pursuit of Happiness
Pursuit of Happiness by Weekend Players (Audio CD - 2003)