Top positive review
52 people found this helpful
Great kettle, but not quite perfect
on 2 January 2004
I've now had this kettle for a couple of months and I'm very pleased with it.
1. It seems to be well-made and solidly built.
2. It looks GREAT (and I've not had any problems keeping it looking good - it just needs an occasional polish).
3. It boils relatively quickly and quietly.
4. There are no problems reboiling the water in a hot kettle (you know how some kettles have an oversensitive shut-off switch and won't reboil).
5. It is just as easy to use right or left handed.
6. The hideaway cable system is very handy - keeps the kitchen surface looking neat.
7. It pours nicely.
1. Although most of the water pours out perfectly, if you plan on emptying the kettle, the last few drops don't come out very easily because they get stuck behind the filter attachment. To get them out you have to fully invert the kettle.
2. You can't easily fill the kettle through the spout, unless you run the tap quite slowly. (In fact, the instructions specifically tell you not to, but I've ignored that!) However, the lid does pull off and on very easily.
Overall this is an excellent kettle with just the two niggles I've mentioned above. I can't comment on the filter system because I live in a soft water area so don't need to use it.
One final point: - because it is metal, the outside of the kettle does get hotter than an equivalent plastic kettle. This is not in any way a problem for adults, but you may want to bear it in mind if you have younger children.
Hope this was helpful.