4.0 out of 5 stars Earphones? What earphones?
When i first got the box (with the ear-phones in) i wondered what they would be like. Uncomfortable, too big, too small, un-reliable or just plain bobins.
I opened them up, plugged them in my walkman and found out-
Published on 22 Feb 2003 by charlotte,charlotte

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad.
Published on 9 Mar 2004 by Bandi

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad., 9 Mar 2004
This review is from: IXOS Ministry Of Sound 1008 Earphones (Electronics)
Good crisp reproduction of music. A bit down on the bass side (after all we're talking about earphones here). An interesting feature is the volume control which is located on the cord. This feature is not bulky and is quite well thought of. But one wonders how much of the price had gone to the storage box. Emblazoned with the Ministry of Sound logo, the box looks like a see-through mouse which is better suited on the table - to be shown off rather than being kept in the cd bag. Overall - a better than average buy. But it must be said "Nothing spectacular here folks ... other than the box.".

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if your ears are the right shape, 31 Mar 2005
This review is from: IXOS Ministry Of Sound 1008 Earphones (Electronics)
I bought these earphones hoping that they would be a good replacement for my existing earphones that came with my iPod clone. I have always had problems keeping 'in-the-ear' earphones wedged in my ear as they frequently drop out. Unfortunately I have the same problem with this model. The sound seems to be ok, but there is a noticeable lack of bass compared to other phones (even after playing with the EQ settings on the player). The built in volume slider is very convenient and is the only redeeming feature. If your ears are a non-standard shape then think twice before buying, but otherwise a reasonably good buy for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Earphones? What earphones?, 22 Feb 2003
charlotte,charlotte (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I opened them up, plugged them in my walkman and found out-
At first they were a little weird and having Pink Get The Party Started didn't exactly help the cause. But after about two minutes i got used to them and discovered that they were the on of the most comfortable i've ever worn.
You should definatley get these phones- their good value, comfortable and deliver high-quality sound all the time!
Thank you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont go there!, 3 Jun 2005
This review is from: IXOS Ministry Of Sound 1008 Earphones (Electronics)
Having seen these, and seeing the Ministry of sound label, it surely must have been a reputable product...way off. The headphone case is poorly made and breaks easily and the headphones cant cope with the high G's and F# or the low A's! instead a squeak is emmited completely ruining the effect of the song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Perfect

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!, 19 May 2005
This review is from: IXOS Ministry Of Sound 1008 Earphones (Electronics)
After looking through the reviews, I thought I would chance my arm and go for these "Ministry Of Sound" earphones. After all, they can't be all bad, and the set does look quite trendy, and how bad could they really be? Man, I was in for a shock!
Although they do indeed look nice, the quality of sound these earphones produce is appaling! I am very into my "sound quality" and the fullness of sound is very important to me, and as I listen to a lot of music on the go, often in noisy environments like walking down a busy street, or on the train, volumne is also very important to me. With this in mind, I immediatly started testing these earphones when I got them, comparing them with my current earphones, and the earphones before, which were the default ones with my mp3 player. The "Ministry Of Sound" earphones really, really were bad! Very poor volumn compared to the other 2 earphones, and the sound quality was the real stonker! The sound quality of the MOS earphones is REALLY appaling! The noise produced is extremly "tinny" compared to all other earphones I tested. I really was stunned by the extent of the difference.
Maybe I have been really lucky in the past with my earphone selection, and I can only speak with the experience of my previous 2 pairs, but surely, these earphones must be the worst earphones on the market today! If you're not really into your music, and are just a casual afficionado, then ignore this advice your peril, but if you have any respect for your ears, please take my advice and stay well clear!