4.0 out of 5 stars Comedy westerns that still raise a smile.
Published on 10 Aug 2005 by S. P. Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality
This was a very poor quality DVD,(I am on about the disc quality, not the film) it was impossible to watch as it kept freezing. I simply could not be bothered to return it but in all fairness the seller apologised and (unasked for) sent me a full refund anyway.
Published on 4 Feb 2011 by TK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comedy westerns that still raise a smile., 10 Aug 2005
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
A long time ago, in the early seventies, I had seen both of the Trinity westerns at the cinema and enjoyed their knock-about humour. Would I still find them funny? Well after viewing them on DVD I found myself still laughing at the whole silliness of some of the set-ups as they spoof the spaghetti western genre. The films were made by the Italians as an antidote to the increasingly violent and stark spaghetti westerns but appears to be filmed or well dubbed into English. Terence Hill and Bud Spencer were well cast as lawless drifters who end up being on the right side of the law as Robin Hood type heroes. The ridiculous fight scenes with the clownish falling about still made me laugh out loud. The second film has a very funny scene in a posh restaurant with the two heroes coping with a sophisticated french waiter that should make any one laugh. They are not deep films, but taken on their own level they manage to entertain both me and my 14 year old daugher. The DVD also has interviews with the two Italian stars that explain a lot of the thinking behind the films. Considering the DVD has two full length features and several extras it is good value for money if you like this sort of thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trinity rides again !!, 30 Aug 2003
G. A. CLEMENT (Dunedin, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
The best reason to buy this DVD is that not only do you get two great comedy westerns but they are both in anamorphic widescreen !! This is no mean feat for films in this genre that are 30 years old. It was good to see a short interview with the two stars that looks pretty recent. A filmography for both actors is also included and a reasonable summary about the Trinity productions.
Although there is some gunplay, there is a notable lack of squibs/blood. Both movies are pretty light entertainment and should be safe & amusing enough for kids to watch as well. A great example of how the West Was Fun !!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best available, 23 July 2007
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
There are many diferent versions of these available ( And I have seen most of them ). This set is FANTASTIC. It is what we would expect to see as DVD quality!!!!. If you are a fan of these 2, do yourself a favour and buy this set. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! Original widescreen presentation, restored into magnificant colour and sound.
Alistair....Melbourne..Australia

4.0 out of 5 stars "This used to be a quiet town before you came.", 17 Mar 2006
Trevor Willsmer (London, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
“This used to be a quiet town before you came,” notes a deputy in They Call Me Trinity… “Disgusting town, but quiet.” That should let you know what to expect from this entertaining if a little overlong comedy paella western with Terence Hill (aka Mario Girotti) and Bud Spencer (aka Carlo Pedersoli) as mismatched brothers on the wrong side of the law finding themselves helping out a settlement of Mormons when evil Farley Granger wants to drive them off their land so his beloved horses can run free. The chemistry between the two leads is good and there are plenty of fun moments, all handsomely staged by Enzo Barboni (aka E.B. Clucher) with a good eye for Scope composition. The film proved so successful – the biggest Italian hit ever at the time – and encouraged so many rip-offs that even the pair’s earlier Westerns were reissued with new titles that found ingenious ways to incorporate ‘Trinity’ in the hope of fooling the punters, but only Trinity is Still My Name is a genuine sequel (excluding a ‘son of’ TV movie). Unfortunately it’s very weak stuff, with a vague plot, little wit, less gunplay and far too much eating that quickly outstays its welcome. Not the worst or dullest Italian comedy western by a long shot, but there’s only so much goodwill you can bring to the film before losing all hope that it’ll ever get any better. But it's still worth getting the disc for the original - just look on the sequel as a literal extra feature.
The 2.35:1 transfers are both very impressive (although both films are the English dubbed versions only). Extras are limited to a good interview with Hill and Spencer, background notes, a sparingly used trivia track and a few frame grabs masquerading as a stills gallery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I was told it was..., 21 April 2011
S. Frazier (Detroit, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
I was given this link to buy this set on Amazon.uk as this was the only place you could get this set as it was ment to be. The set in the US amazon was an edited version,(minus about 12 minutes of footage). I am reporting that this set was everything it was promised to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Comedy Westerns Ever Made., 19 Jan 2005
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
These two films are classics. Whether you are a fan of Westerns or Comedies these films are for you. The slapstick style fighting and one liners are hilarious. You will cry with laughter as Hill and Spencer outwit the bad guys no matter what the odds, whether its by using an empty gun , a frying pan, a loaf of bread or simply shooting them. The second film "Trinity is still my Name" is even funnier than the first. Two great movies and fun for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars They Call Me Trinity, 27 Feb 2003
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
I like Spegetti Westerns in general as they are probably more 'realistic' then the 'perfect pollished superclean' Holywood westerns. This one is certainly more fun!
It is lighthearted and done in 'slapstick' style--- and the pace is certainly not boring. OK it's not highbrow stuff but the script and the music as well as the action are good and entertaining. Bud Spencer and Terence Hill make a good pair.
I would like to see more of their early films released. Eg. My Name is Nobody'
A good fun film for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars masterpiece!, 14 Nov 2011
Mauro Mantega - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
Im am big fan of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies and these two are probably the best ones.
Good to have them both on a DVD. Good quality.
Fast shipping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trinity Is Still Funny, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
I had the old VHS tape of these films for years.
I decided to get them on DVD for a good laugh.
The first film 'They Call Me Trinity' has a unique charm and weird humour that is the real highlight of the film. The chemistry between Terrence & Bud is unique, these guys really know how to create a hilarious situation and add a few twists.

The 2nd movie is not quiet as funny, however the fight scenes are far better done.

The movie the 3 Amigos used this movie for sure as the basis of it's plot and humour.

Overall this is a classic comedy Western movie that still holds up today.

5.0 out of 5 stars they call me trinity / trinity is still my name, 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] (DVD)
a blast from the past still a very good film to see and to own as well
They Call Me Trinity / Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD] [1971]