5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!
I had been told to watch 'Sprited Away' by a friend some time ago and, having heard her recommendation, resolved to watch it some day, promptly forgetting all about it. i eventually did see it and, what can i say? i was a fool not to have listened to her, i should have hightailed it to a blockbuster immediately and proceeded to spend the next 2 hrs glued to a...
Published on 27 Feb. 2005 by Ms. E. J. Mercer

3.0 out of 5 stars Cracked Box
The DVD itself was fine, but the box I received it in had a huge, jagged crack running down it, rendering it impossible to close. This was a shame, because "Spirited Away" is by far my favourite film of all time. I had to put the DVD sleeve and disc into another spare black DVD case I had, and now it looks slightly dodgy among the rest of my Ghibli Collection.
Published 18 months ago by Jun-Ling Ng

‹ Previous | 129 30 3140 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
Good film I really enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality., 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
Quick dispatch, good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful., 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant anime. Definitely one of the best out there. If I were you, I'd buy it. Matched only by Howls Moving Castle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted., 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Christmas Gift. Delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viewing marred by coding problems, 3 May 2004
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
I have a multi-region DVD player which would only play the first half of this movie, which very much spoiled my enjoyment of what is one of the best films I have ever seen. (luckily I was able to finish viewing it on my computer's DVD player, but in much smaller format, sadly)
I have since found that many other people have found similar problems with the UK release of this DVD. I haven't worked out exactly what sort of players don't get on well with the coding on this release, but I would suggest you research it if you have no alternative way of viewing a DVD. You may never see the end of the movie! (the animeondvd.com forums have a very long thread on this issue.)
I was very disappointed and about to return the DVD to Amazon, but when I realised I could still view it on my computer I couldn't part with it, faults or no.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Just watch your formats.

5.0 out of 5 stars suitable for any bonkers human., 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Can't big this up enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing, 27 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is just stunning, i first watched it feeling sceptical because it looks like a film for little kids! thats totally wrong, it has a brilliant storyline which is so beautifully animated. The viewer really gets to understand alot about the main character, Chihiro a little girl who is a little disheartened by moving house with her parents, the film is very clever in how it changes Chihiro's pessimism about her new home to an optimistic view using a strange spirit world full of Witches and monsters, fortunately for Chihiro there are others who want to help her.
Overall the stunning animation and excellant audio quality of this movie combined with the exceptional storyline makes it a dvd you must have in your collection 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Though Provoking, 30 May 2006
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter was brought this as a xmas gift and it took me a while to get around to watching it with her (despite her persistantly telling me how great it was!, as I'm not too keen on 'cartoons'. We finally sat down together and I loved it. The story and analogies were precise and thought provoking. The artwork, is breathtakingly real. I have now watched and bought lots more Studio Ghibli films but this was the first and most probably the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Aug. 2014
great just as expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirited Away [Blu-ray + DVD], 14 Dec. 2014
A great film and worth the praise it has been given since it was released.The story is about Chihiro a young girl who has to move away from her home and friends because of her fathers job and resettle in a new town. On the way to their new home they take a wrong turn and end up at the mouth of a tunnel.On the other side of the tunnel is where the magic begins and Chihiro is transported to a different world a world where the spirits of the world come to rest and relax.
The Blu-ray picture is clear and what we have come to expect from the Blu-ray releases from studio Ghibli.Languages are English and Japanese with English subtitles.Worth adding to the growing collection of Studio Ghibli films on Blu-ray.

‹ Previous | 129 30 3140 | Next ›

Spirited Away [DVD]
Spirited Away [DVD] by Hayao Miyazaki (DVD - 2004)
Usually dispatched within 12 to 13 days