4.0 out of 5 stars Whey-hey!
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by Wayne Redhart

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for energy pre-workout but awful taste.
First of all, the details for this product say '33g of protein per serving' this is incorrect as there is only 16g of protein per 'serving' or scoop. So to achieve the 33g you will have to be doing a double scoop serving, just bare that in mind when you are working out how much this is going to cost you according to how much you usually use per month...
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by TheShopaholic

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for energy pre-workout but awful taste., 14 Nov 2011
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: CytoSport Muscle Milk Chocolate 1120g (2.47 Lbs) (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Secondly, it says it is great tasting - it is not! The aftertaste left by the sucralose is nasty. One of the highest artificial sweetener aftertastes I have encountered in a protein powder. This is often a problem with flavoured protein powders.

I tried it for 2 weeks (all I could stomach), it did improve my energy levels if I took it 30 mins before a workout but I tried it for two weeks after workouts too and compared the gains and the recovery results. I have to say it did not hold up to my normal whey protein powder 'matrix whey'.

This one does mix well with a shaker but it somewhat flat and uninteresting.

Comparing them:

cal from fat = 50
protein = 16g
fat = 6g
carbs = 9g

I think I will be sticking to my Matrix Whey as it has more protein per scoop, less fat and less calories from fat as anyone who works out and knows in the ins and outs of the three macronutrients, all calories are not created equal and I would prefer not to have 50cals from fat!

Matrix Whey is also the best tasting whey protein by far, although it also contains sucralose, you can barely taste it, in fact if you like chocolate, try the cookies and cream flavour, it is awesome! it is like drinking a creamy choc shake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whey-hey!, 22 Mar 2012
Wayne Redhart "@wayneredhart on Twitter!" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a rather intriguing product- that proclaims itself to have been modelled on the nutritional makeup of human milk. If viewed as a weight-gain drink for use post-workout, I'd be extremely skeptical about any possibility that it performs notably better than a simpler (not to mention drastically more reasonable) 100% whey protein. You really don't get many servings, by comparison. By the time I'd finished the tub, I still had a physique comparable to that of Christian Bale in the film 'The Machinist'. In fairness, my starting build had been more closely comparable to that of Bobby Sands- but you'd still have to work through plenty of tubs, before seeing a truly significant difference. When using it as a pre-workout drink, I did seem to note a greater sense of energy during training. However, I can't help but wonder what the point is in buying a synthetic simulation, when you can so easily have the real deal? In the time of the internet, it's not terribly hard to source a supply of human milk to consume- just as nature intended! If the presence of chocolate flavouring is a dealbreaker, a little Nesquick powder mixes in most palatably.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 8 Feb 2014
If you like sweet protein shakes, this one's for you. Look for it on sale and you won't be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars wrong product, 31 July 2013
I thought i was getting muscle milk light& got normal so not impressed as tried really hard to get the light version

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Muscle, 29 July 2013
I Keep buying this for my partner and it works a treat, he has really built up with the help of this he looks great and feels great.

He is in his late forties and has never felt so fit and healthy after never working out ever !!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product by a great company, 17 Jun 2013
This is an excellent training aid and food supplement. I wholly heartedly endorse this product and rate cytosport and their other products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all round product, 30 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll admit I am not one to pay a fortune for protein powders. I am not totally sold on all the science squeezing 3% extra this and 5mg of that out of the product. I therefore tend to go for the all rounder whey proteins as I think they work just fine. However, I was happy to give this a go and see what a difference it made. Based on ingredients from milk and soy, I found that the powder itself mixed really well. It made a nice smooth mixture and lumps disappeared almost straight away. The taste was OK - a bit of a chalky after taste but I have certainly had worse. The effects - well, maybe I needed to keep going on it a bit longer as I can't say I saw any radical improvements in strength or size during the time I was taking it. All in all, it was perfectly fine and I would try it again at the right price but it didn't convince me enough to ditch the cheaper whey stuff any time soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Jan 2013
Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!! Tastes amazung and a really decent price. Would definately buy more of the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get ahead in your training effectively, 26 Sep 2012
metacritic "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got a container of this as I go running and am and have trained for marathons of various distances. Making up the shake is easy just carefully heap in as many scoops as required (scoop included) into a cup and add some water and then stir to make up the shake. The flavour of the shake is great and very chocolatey tasting leaving a pleasant taste in the mouth (i disagree with other reviews that it leaves a less than pleasant taste in the mouth). The shake formula is designed specifically for athletes, although you don't necessarily have to be doing sport to benefit from it. The shakes can be taken before during or after a sport or training session. I have been using it mainly as a pre training supplement aid and have to admit have seen benefits. of building up the sorts of lean muscle that I need for running. Overall I would recommend for training purposes.

Advantages:
Flavour
Helps build lean muscle effectively

Disadvantages:
Slightly expensive?
Powder doesn't always fully mix properly

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Post-Workout, 14 Feb 2012
Trip (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My main training regime consists of jogging, rowing-machine, and resistance training. I am not a weight-lifter. Also, I mainly used this as a recovery\post-workout supplement. I found it to be very effective, comparable to - if not better than, others I've used in the past.

I got the chocolate one, on a whim, and must say that it was actually very good. It mixed quickly and easily, although I preferred to use just a little more water than advised to thin it out slightly. It wasn't too sweet, and not chalky at all - which is a very welcome improvement over other brands.

I will definitely re-order this in the future, and would not hesitate to recommend it.

CytoSport Muscle Milk Chocolate 1120g (2.47 Lbs)