5.0 out of 5 stars it's SOOOOO good!
Published on 15 Nov 2004 by gillruane28

3.0 out of 5 stars Chinese subtitles?
The film is a great old classic and my wife wanted a copy so I saw it on Amazon. The delivery was prompt and the film is OK, I selected the English version but when I played it I found it had Chinese (I think) subtitles.
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Stephen Ward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars it's SOOOOO good!, 15 Nov 2004
This review is from: Born Free [VHS] [1966] (VHS Tape)
i have only ever seen "born free" just the once, which was a few years ago on T.V and i must say that i thoroughly enjoyed watching every moment of it. the part i loved the best was when elsa was released back into the wild and george and joy kept track of her for a few days just until they knew she wouldnt come to any harm. i am a musician myself and i must say that the music was absolutely awe-inspiring, beautifully written and very very moving, even to this day i still walk along to university singing "born free, as free as the wind blows". it is just an amazing thing of film history and has given me the idea to go to africa on safari!

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat this film, 28 Jan 2004
C. Muncey "mopedgirl2003" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born Free [VHS] [1966] (VHS Tape)
I first saw this film at the cinema 30 odd years ago, and have watched it many times since. I just love it, it is uplifting yet sad, I smiled and cried throughout. The fact that Elsa meets a wild mate and has cubs, but also that she remembers the Adamson family and often visits them, is so emotional and wonderful. It is like she is thanking them for setting her free.
Highly Recommend it, and also joining the Born Free Foundation to help other animals in distress, through human hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Animal Film Ever, 18 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Born Free [VHS] [1966] (VHS Tape)
If you like things such as Free Willy or The Great Panda Story. You will love this. Although its a bit old fashioned, and they talk strangely you get drawn in to the story. It's funny as well as intruiging. I would say it would make a great family film. It brought my family together one sunday I know that. This is a must see.
by a very much impressed 12 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opinion of Born Free, 28 Mar 2014
I love this film and have bought it for my grandchildren because my son and his wife are managing Joy's Camp in Shaba, kenya

3.0 out of 5 stars Chinese subtitles?, 27 Jan 2014
Mr. Stephen Ward (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Born free DVD, 12 Nov 2013
Great film but didn't realise it was subtitled. The subtitles was bit off putting for children.we also lost bit of the picture at the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRIP TO THE WILD KINGDOM, 12 Oct 2013
A film to calm my soul...
There's such a good feeling in this film. The landscape, the sound, the animals.
A sight for sore eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars MARVELLOUS, 11 Oct 2013
IT BRINGS BACK CHILD HOOD MEMEORIES AND MY GRANDCHILDREN LOVED IT. THE MUSIC ALWAYS MAKE ME CHOKE UP. GOOD BUY

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 10 Oct 2013
L. Hardy - See all my reviews
The DVD was an in sub titles, and quality was awful, I tried to return but they wouldn't refund postage so after a couple of complaints I went through Amazon who were great and refunded the cost in full.

4.0 out of 5 stars Born free, 4 Oct 2013
Enjoyed the film and it arrived promptly. The film started playing in Chinese so we had to go back and sort out the languages but other than that there were no glitches

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Born Free [VHS] [1966]
Born Free [VHS] [1966] by Tom McGowan (VHS Tape - 2003)
14.99