4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Metal, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: Metal on Metal (Audio CD)
I bought this after watching the recent Anvil film, and remembering owning a copy of Forged in Fire in the 80s. After hearing it I wasn't disappointed! It's a superb metal album and it makes one wonder why Anvil never hit the big time.

Yes there are a few cheesy lyrics but they more than make up for it in great metal tunes. Tracks such as the title track, 666 and the classic Mothra are bone fide classic 80s metal. If you like your metal straight forward, well written and heavy this is a must-have album. Hearing this has made me want to buy Hard N Heavy and get Forged in Fire again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bands Best, never beaten, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Metal on Metal (Audio CD)
A brilliant follow up to the debut, this is the bands best release and never bettered in terms of songs, production, riffs and playing.

This is "classic" metal in it's truest sense, nothing more, nothing less.

The years have treated this album well and the songs still hold up very well.

If you love traditional, classic metal played with passion, then this is a stone cold must have.

Best songs are: Metal On Metal, Mothra, Stop Me, March of the Crabs & Tease Me, Please Me. In all honesty its all great though
10. 666 4:46

5.0 out of 5 stars MONUMENTAL METALLIC MAGNIFICENCE, 30 April 2013
Pesto Fingeration (Chez Vegas, Englandland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metal on Metal (Audio CD)
If you like HEAVY METAL you NEED this Album, a veritable KANUCK KLASSIK!!!!!!!!!

I bought this on picture disc when it first came out and though it might be a bit scratchy these days it still gets plays on the DEATH DECK!

I was so impressed on first listening that I just had to go and paint pictures of my droppings in the toilet. It really is that good.
Not only was it the most METALLIC thing ever to KARESS my eardrums it also features the stunningly intellectual lyrics of KANADA's finest lyricist LIPS!!!

I base my life philosophy on METAL ON METAL, heck, it's the only way, to hell with tomorrow, let's live and ROKK for today.
I thrill to the dynamics of the MOTHRA world.
STOP ME should have been number one for 52 Weeks, the best ever METAL Power ballad.
I learned to March like a KRAB
I was pounded into submission by a JACKHAMMER
I washed my pots in a HEAT SINK
Submission was forced on me again by the TAG TEAM
I enjoyed myself with the SCENERY
I was TEASED and PLEASED
Then I learned to count to 666, that was just so SATANIK!

YOU NEED THIS ALBUM! BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!! Help keep KANADA's SKOOL Children Safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great 80s Metal Album, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: Metal on Metal (Audio CD)
A recent review of the new film "Anvil: The Story Of Anvil" stated that Metal On Metal was the heaviest album ever released. Well, it wasnt the heaviest album ever released then and its certainly not now although it is a great metal album.
There are some heavy tracks such as the title track with its cheesy lyrics (metal on metal, shaking the place, blows back your hair, caves in your face!) and the closing track "666" as well as the epic "Mothra" based on the old movie which tells the story of a giant moth terrorising Japan! I also had a soft spot for the track "Scenery" which is a typical Anvil song: Heavy but melodic. Also worth checking out is the preceeding album "Hard N Heavy".
I got to see the band live twice around the time of this album and its a pity that theyve now ended up the subject of a Spinal Tap style documentary film

Metal on Metal
Metal on Metal by Anvil (Audio CD - 2003)