5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful much underrated album, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Wallpaper for the Soul (Audio CD)
I already had this album in MP3 version but bought it for someone else in the hope they'd love it as much as I do. It was the soundtrack to my last two months of 2011, despite being released some years before, and I'm torn between wanting everyone to love it and keeping it to myself. This album is just beautiful, there are no tracks I don't like, with the standout tracks for me being The Other Side and 1000 Times. It also cost virtually nothing. Which was great for me, but a sin given what a great album it is! Buy Buy Buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pieces of Sunshine, 21 Jun 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Wallpaper for the Soul (Audio CD)
This was my favourite album of 2003 - beating the likes of Radiohead and The White Stripes. I admit I'm a sucker for airy but infectious guitar pop but I've seldom heard it done better than this. Tahiti 80 are a French band, and their sun-kissed sound carries elements of compatriots Air (gentle, swooning strings and electronica) with the beautifully-crafted, harmony-laden melodies of, say, Teenage Fanclub or Brian Wilson. At the very least, it's a beautiful, catchy listen... at its best, it's awesome and what 'Pet Sounds' might have sounded like today ('1,000 Times', 'Open Book')... you won't stop playing it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer splender, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Wallpaper for the Soul (Audio CD)
Wallpaper for the Soul is a glorious album of summer sounds with enough variety to keep you spellbound. Sometimes laid back, sometimes punchy, it never fails to lift you from the gloom of everyday life. I highly recommend you purchase this album. It will uplift and entertain. What more could you want?
Gavin in Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars A master work, 16 July 2006
Mr. Paul Millsom (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a highly crafted, full featured and professional offering. Special effects abound, brimming with originality and distinction these tight arrangements give the impression that huge effort was expended in perfecting this work. If anything it might be a little over produced. The vocals are light and gentle, the instrumentation is varied and the songs range from dance to experimental. Noteworthy numbers include: 1000 Times which burst into life and swings with neatly placed brass instruments, Happy End demonstrates the artists the brilliance in variation and Open Book lingers. An album of consistent high quality of the production, arrangement and delivery. I've been listening to this for some months and it keeps coming back to my play list. Should it stand the test of time then it really might rate along with Joshua Tree and Abbey Road.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't make up my mind, 12 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Wallpaper for the Soul (Audio CD)
on this one. Some tracks, like Happy End, are bordering on the superb - I can't stop listening. Others, like Fun Fair, I'm not sure whether I should like - makes my car sound like a boy racers car. But i can't stop listening to this album. Some of it sounds like the Bees, some like Aqualung or David Kitt even - its generally fun and beautiful and I like it.

Wallpaper for the Soul
Wallpaper for the Soul by Tahiti 80 (Audio CD - 2003)