4.0 out of 5 stars It won't change your life, but it will rock it about a bit, 31 Jan 2005
This review is from: Fall of the Plastic Empire (Audio CD)
I first heard about the Burning Brides through Qotsa, as they apparently supported them in the USA. So I downloaded a few tracks, and completely forgot to listen to them until I saw the "Arctic Snow" video. I then went out and bought the album immediately.
They are undeniably rock and/or roll in a pure form, and perhaps a little retro, but not in a rubbish way like say...Jet. Their sound is seemingly influenced by The Stooges, Kyuss etc, with a singer who sounds a bit like Thurston Moore. At first the album sounds a tiny bit samey, but on the second or third listen it all becomes clear. There are no bad tracks on the whole album, which is a rare thing these days. Definately worth a purchase, and at 3.33, it'd be stupid not too.
I'd give it 4.5 stars, if I could...

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Rock Revolution, 9 Dec 2002
Since I bought this album I've been listening to it non-stop. The Burning Brides' sound is pure rock 'n roll with that darker edge - sounding like a mix of The D4, Queens of The Stone Age and BRMC. Highlights of the album include 'Plank of Fire', 'Artic Snow' and 'If I'm A Man'. All tracks designed to make you scream the lyrics out loud and jump around your room like a crazy possessed fool. Get ready to hear more from this band because they'll definitely be huge next year. Move over The Hives - Burning Brides are Your New Favourite Band!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Burning Brides are on fire!, 18 Nov 2003
This review is from: Fall of the Plastic Empire (Audio CD)
Ok, so I havn't heard the whole album yet but who needs to? After hearing my first track on the album 'artic snow' I needed to look no further, things seemed complete, everything fell into perspective, the melodic raw sound of the burning brides had quenched my thirst for something more in life. For the next month or so my playlist consisted of artic snow over and over, it had become something more than just a song, it was my medicine for hurt. Somewhat later I got hold of a couple of other songs 'rainy days' and 'glass slipper' which with their half time grunge rock had easily persuaded me to buy their album, so get off your ass, or rather stay on your ass and get this album right now from the internet. All in all an excellent band which will rise from the opression of nu metal.

Fall of the Plastic Empire
Fall of the Plastic Empire by Burning Brides (Audio CD - 2003)