4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it
One of my major complaints is that we cannot get British Pop Idol on American TV. I totally enjoyed this terrific DVD and the artists who performed on it. Their fresh faces and sparkling talent, their incredible energy and enthusiasm. Moreover, I was greatly amused by the artists' humorous remarks and antics both on stage and back stage.
Will Young will always be...
Published on 24 Mar 2004 by K. N. Nelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Which venue?
Published on 29 Jan 2004 by John Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 24 Mar 2004
K. N. Nelson (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pop Idol: Tour 2002 - Featuring The Big Blue [DVD] (DVD)
Will Young will always be king of the roost, in my opinion, because his voice is so spectacular. Gareth Gates has a really young, sweet voice and a good range. One can only speculate that as he ages his voice will become even fuller and richer in tone. I just loved Zoe Birkett and Laura Doherty, the magnetic and delightful, "babbling brook" from Ireland. Hayley Evetts duet with Will is absolutely terrific. And Korben, what a dynamo dancing dude! I loved watching the sparkling faces of the children in the audience. You rarely see this type or depth of involvement with really young children here in America, much to our misfortune. Watching the little guys and gals dancing in the aisles was amazing.
This tour DVD remains a favorite of mine and I play it about once a month to get my Pop Idol "fix", particularly the Big Blue band portion of the show. In my opinion, Gareth's "Mack the Knife" and Rosie Ribbon's "Dancing Cheek to Cheek" were the best genre songs for that portion of the show. Darius Danesh's voice and style of presentation is best suited to this Big Band sound. All in all, a Good Job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poptastic!, 30 Nov 2002
Emma (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
If, like me, you didn't get to see the 10 Pop Idol finalists on tour, then you will love this video. It captures the atmosphere and makes you feel like you're really there! There are all the performances and loads of backstage gossip which just adds to the fun! See Will and Hayley perform an exclusive duet (only on that night in Birmingham), and see all the Big Band performances and Gareth and Zoe's fantastic duets. If you're still having Pop Idol withdrawal symptoms, then this is the video for you. Put in on your wish list NOW!

4.0 out of 5 stars pop idol tour 2002, 15 April 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Pop Idol: Tour 2002 - Featuring The Big Blue [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is a must have for any pop idol fans. It shows the whole tour plus comments and opinions from the ten finalists.
What more can be said! It's great, buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Which venue?, 29 Jan 2004
John Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pop Idol: Tour 2002 - Featuring The Big Blue [DVD] (DVD)
I was expecting to see the version first broadcast on ITV1 recorded at London Docklands. Instead, the DVD covers the Birmingham venue. Both have great performances and visuals but the audio blend is different. In the Birmingham edition the voices are almost drowned out by the music. I honestly thought the sound guys had forgotton to switch on the microphones! The London edition is better because you get to hear more of the idols' voices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to see them all again, 8 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Pop Idol: Tour 2002 - Featuring The Big Blue [DVD] (DVD)
Hi just like to say this is a good way of seeing all these young stars together i did not see the tour unfortunately but have since seen Darius live twice on his Dive in Tour and to see him live is just great that is when he comes into his own unique style that we have never seen on T V DARIUS will be around for a LONG time we have yet to see the best from him but he will be almost as well known as ELVIS in a few years from now

Pop Idol: Tour 2002 - Featuring The Big Blue [DVD]