Format: DVD|Change

on 12 January 2003
I love Rosemary Conley videos! I first started exercising with her 5 day fatburner. This DVD would be really good for those looking to get into exercise or those who have a substantial amount of weight to lose. The sections are simple to follow and her style is really encouraging and accessible.
However, I wouldn't recommend this for those people that are already relatively fit. I didn't find the workouts very challenging, even working at the highest level of intensity - they were just too short. I would look to the other Rosemary Conley videos if you want a workout that challenges you.
0Comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2009
Let me start with the obvious yes this dvd is extremely dated...certain workouts must be at least from 20 years ago so maybe it is not ideal for modern trendy people. Some of the songs made me cringe and don't get me started about those leotards. But it works and in my case this is what is important. And having been using it for over two months I am still not bored and look forward every day to do the corresponding workout. My thighs are visibly trimmer and my tummy is so flat. I had some horrible fat pockets on each side of my back and I was happy to observe that one of them has disappeared and the other is getting there. I find it extremely convenient that each workout lasts about 20 minutes because I can fit exercising with ease in my day. Moreover it is ideal for summer as exercising becomes unbearale when its very hot but these workouts were ideal as like I said they don't last long and are not too strenous. Of course a very fit person will find them too easy perhaps though each workout features different people working out at different levels. I really really recommend this DVD to anyone who is willing to exercise, even for the first time, but is somewhat overweight and is not looking for a strenous workout. Try it and you will see results even if the next day you don't wake up aching all over and begging not to get out of bed.
on 10 May 2003
I'm 17 and have tried quite a few excersise videos, I really enjoy this one, the reason why i gave it 4 stars is because a couple of the workouts just are not tough enough, although most of them get me breaking out into a sweat, its great that you can do something different everyday, and the workouts range from 15-25 minutes each so it doesnt take up too much time, I do it every morning before college and I can see a real improvement to my body shape, (been doing it for a couple of weeks)their are both aerobic sections and toning sections, good job Rosemary!
on 15 May 2010
have been out of action on the keep front for some time and wanted to start with something suitable for my age group. 50's. this is sectioned into 7 20 minute keep fit classes. easy to watch with a few people doing a harder workout than the others which can be followed quite easily.
on 20 January 2003
Okay so I've only followed the DVD for just over a week but already I've lost an inch here and there (hooray!) but I'm not bored with it. I love the idea of something different every day PLUS the fact that it's on DVD is brilliant - there's no forwarding and rewinding to do. Each session is around 20 - 25 mins long.
There's also a couple of success stories which gives you motivation and advice on how to eat healthier.
There's just one thing though, it doesn't really explain when you're supposed to do the 'Circuit Training' section since you're already exercising 7 Days a week but apart from that it's "Well Done, Rosemary Conley"
on 30 January 2004
Having been on the diet and doing the exercises for 2 weeks i have to say, i never thought i'd actually like aerobics. Because it's something different every day it makes it far more entertaining.
Living in a small room makes some of the exercises hard to do through lack of space and needing a chair/stick meant losing a star. but it's great fun and entertaining. comparing it to my other dvd (X plan) rosemary wins hands down!
on 12 November 2011
I bought this Rosemary Conley's "7 Day Slim Down" DVD for my friend, because I do these exercises every day and have lost almost 2 stones myself. She is delighted with it and is looking forward to finding, like me, that she has greatly increased vitality and soon finds she is losing weight!
on 6 August 2011
Thank goodness for Rosemary Conley's 7 Day slim down DVD
Getting back in shape is no easy task, however, the daily workout
sessions on the DVDd are very helpful and assisted me with
coordination and timing.
I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone wanting to get fit
and tone up
on 4 February 2011
loved this dvd its a diffirent excercise programme for each day so you wont get bored doing the same excercises every day
on 22 March 2012
The exercises on the Rosemary Conley 7 day slim down dvd is varied and not too strenuous for someone like myself who is partially disabled and over 60. I would recommend this dvd for something fun but not too energetic.