on 26 March 2001
After my young son watched this film twice in one day I decided to watch with him, at the third showing!. `Dennis` is so typical of all children at that age, and I could see what my son found so amusing as he would tend to do the same things given half the chance. Having a bad guy also helped to keep the story going. For us adults though, Walter Matthau proves to be a real comic genius. Think of `Home Alone` but without Macaulay Culkin, thank goodness!.
on 5 March 2011
Dennis The Menace (1993)

Stars:
Mason Gamble, Walter Matthau, Christopher Lloyd etc.

Genre:
The perfect family film, Kids will love it!

The DVD:
I have finally found 'Dennis The Menace' on a Region 2 DVD (Even though the DVD says Region 1 on the back,
It still works perfectly)! I've been looking for this film for so long and couldn't find it ANYWHERE,
Was even told it had been discontinued! Then came across it here and joined just to buy it!
Also definitely worth mentioning is the great special features on this DVD theres a great interview with
Mason Gamble around 10 years since he starred in the film, great to see for fans, and also great to see
how he seemed to have kept himself grounded and seems to be a nice guy. Theres also other interviews
with Walter Matthau, John Hughes, Nick Castle etc. Really good stuff.

Story:
A simple but FUN story about a cute, angelic, trouble making kid called Dennis (Gamble) who lives with his two
'perfect parents' in a nice friendly neighborhood... Except for one person, their neighbour Mr. Wilson (Matthau)
and his friendly wife Mrs. Wilson. Dennis obliviously drives Mr. Wilson crazy on daily a basis. The Wilson's then
end up minding Dennis when his parents go out of town. Theres only so much Mr. Wilson can take but Dennis is
just trying to be helpful! Even when a robber (Lloyd) comes to visit Dennis can't help but be his normal helpful self!...

My Thoughts:
Even though this film gets played a lot on TV, I am shocked at how underrated it is. It is the perfect film for kids!
If you love 'Home Alone' or similar films in which a cute little kid is causing havoc, you'll love this!
Personally, I find it to be better than 'Home Alone' but that's just me, after all this will always be my fave kids film.
And Mason Gamble is the cutest little kid, pity he didn't have much of a career afterwards!
And of course who couldn't love Walter Matthau, he's also great in this!

If your looking for the perfect film to buy your kids...
This is it!
And who knows maybe it'll leave a lasting impression on them like it did to me!
ENJOY!
on 10 January 2012
When I opened it I found out it was a region 1 DVD not region too, I wasn't impressed and I was then trying to get intouch with the seller to sort out a return untill I thought Id read some of the reviews and saw someone had the same thing happen to them, but they played the dvd and it worked. So I'd thought id try it in my Laptop unfortunately it didnt work but then tried my dvd player and it did eventunally it did work,
Product does say region 1 but It does allow you to play in uk dvd players.
I've been looking for this dvd for ages and finally after so many i find it but its a region 1. So if you thinking of buying check out these reviews first before buying. I'd say.
on 21 March 2011
Dennis The Menace (1993)

Stars:
Mason Gamble, Walter Matthau, Christopher Lloyd etc.

Genre:
The perfect family film, Kids will love it!

The VHS:
What a rare find it was (for me) to come across the DVD of 'Dennis The Menace' but to find the VHS as well with that
excellent cover art! I was so happy. I've been looking for this film for so long and have only found it since I've got into
Amazon, Was told it had been discontinued at shops! So I joined Amazon just to own this film! Love it so much I
bought the DVD and VHS. Delighted I did because I finally own a film I've loved since as long as I can remember!
Have waited too long to own it!

Story:

My Thoughts:
And of course who couldn't love Walter Matthau, he's also great in this!

If your looking for the perfect film to buy your kids...
This is it!
And who knows maybe it'll leave a lasting impression on them like it did to me!
ENJOY!
on 16 January 2015
My kids really enjoyed it and I have to say so did I. There were even a few lol moments. It has got a number of scenes that are a bit Home Aloney but think the kid playing Dennis is far more likeable than Macaulay Caulkin. Walter M is excellent and the actress playing Dennis's mother is a fox. Yes its worth a view I viewing.
on 12 January 2012
Probably me didnt realise when I ordered it was in a foreign language on cover, so gave to my daughter, absolutly no problems with the dvd our family love this film. Delivery did take a while, but I was informed by email all the way. Keep up the good work.
on 20 March 2014
DONT BE PUT OFF by the picture.
The sleeve is in a foreign language but the disc is region 2 (UK) and film is in its original English. As this title has not been released in UK for sale, this is the only way to get hold of this great family classic. An American version would have English on the cover but the disc wont play unless your machine is multi-regional.
Maybe not ideal as a gift unless you explain the foreign cover to the recipient but...
if you just want to enjoy this film with your family or want it just for your children to see - its perfect!
An alternative solution is to buy an American dvd and keep the sleeve to go with this disc or just print an English one off from internet.
BOTTOM LINE, wonderful film just as I remember and finally in my collection.
on 2 August 2013
This film is very funny. The star of the film Mason Gamble who plays Dennis is a fantastic actor. He plays the part perfect. This film reminds me so much of films such as Home Alone. Its a great film and i can't think of any dislikes. When i received the product the case was all in German, and i wasn't expecting the film to play properly on a UK dvd player and i thought it might have subtitles throughout the film, but it didn't. It played straight away and no sign of it being a German import dvd, so i was hugely impressed with this product.
on 14 February 2013
Was dubious about ordering this, as i wasnt 100% sure it was going to play or even be in the correct language, So as soon as it arrived i opened it, both the cover and the disc show "Dennis De Bengel" plus the disc also shows its region 2, Loaded it into my machine (Panasonic DMP-BDT120) no problem, the menus on the DVD were in english aswel, so i pressed play movie and it was all in english too

Very pleased to have a copy of this rare DVD as it my mothers favourite and she will get for her birthday
on 11 November 2011
very very funny dvd. the whole family loved it. mr wwwwwwwwiiiiilllllsssssooooonnnn :-)it was a gift so the in laws also enjoyed it.