5.0 out of 5 stars An essential piece of equipment
Published on 24 Aug. 2008 by Benjamin

1.0 out of 5 stars Very misleading
Just received this - appears to work OK but is clearly NOT a genuine Canon product. Why don't Amazon check these things?!
Published 2 months ago by Wicksy

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential piece of equipment, 24 Aug. 2008
Benjamin (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
Although I managed for a time with the delayed shutter release option when using my 400D on a tripod, the 10 second delay between pressing the shutter and the taking of the picture frequently meant the scene had changed. So I went for the obvious, a cable release or remoter switch. As I do a lot of close-up photography working behind the camera this seemed the better option over a wireless remote which operates from the front

With a very positive action it is easier to control the dual operation than using the camera's own button. In fact I use whenever there is the likelihood of camera shake, and not just when using the camera with a tripod; hand held telephoto shots or close-up shots, or when selecting a slow shutter speed it is invaluable as one can press the shutter realise with no fear of moving the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for my EOS 450D, 23 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
I bought this remote switch for my Cannon EOS 450D even though for some reason the description on amazon doesn't say its for this camera. However EOS 450D owners can check in their instruction manuals on page 164, it does say that RS-60E3 is a compatible remote. As for the product itself, I think its fantastic and its a must for those long exposures for night time photography. Well worth the price and would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent accessory for the Canon!, 6 April 2009
Darren Borland (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
This accessory does exactly what it says on the tin. I purchased it recently for my Canon EOS 400D and it really helps when shooting at night.

If you have the shutter speed set to an upper limit (say 25 seconds), then one press of the button on the remote is all you need. Where this remote is also useful is when using the Bulb setting on your camera. Bulb allows you to take exposures longer than the 30 second max upper defined limit - the shutter stays open as long as you 'hold the button down'. Rather than having to hold the button on the remote down though, you can lock the button into position when pressed by simply sliding it across - very neat. On the 400D, the LCD begins a timer in Bulb mode, so there's no need for an external stopclock.

Highly recommended - especially where you want to expose for longer than 30 seconds (ie where the self-timer is not sufficient).

4.0 out of 5 stars useful for reducing vibration, 5 Jan. 2005
Darragh J. Delany "djdelany" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
I bought this as a bit of an afterthought for using with my D300, I already have the wireless remote and generally use it more often.
This remote however is much more useful if you want to work behind the camera (where all the rest of the controls are) and more precisely control the timing of your shots.
The cord is perhaps a bit short and an extention wire would surely not have been too much to expect at this price.
Generally a good buy but if it's an either/or situation with the wireless RC05 I'd go for the RC05.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential bit of kit, 17 Mar. 2009
Robert Hayes (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
If you're shooting from a tripod (long-ish exposure or close up work etc) you will need one of these.

It's one of those things that elevates you from taking 'snaps' to taking 'photographs'

I haven't found a wireless unit that works from behind the camera (as the sensor is on the front) and althought the idea of shooting with a remote switch can be strange at first you soon get used to it - and you'll be happy when you see the results

The unit simple and works very well (everytime) - it looks OK too

All in all this has to be worth the (fairly modest) investment as if your images aren't razor sharp, what you've done with the rest of the creative settings don't really matter much

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon RS-60E3 Remote, 25 Aug. 2010
M. Hurst "Miles" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
Bought this as i wanted my images when on a tripod to have no camera shake, i have the cannon 550D and this remote works wonders with it, i mention the camera as the review diddnt say about working with the 550D but i checked with canon and it does.
Came in quick time and as described i recommend this remote and this seller to anyone looking for a great piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to my kit, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
I had been looking for a remote/cable release to use with my 600d on a tripod shooting at night and in low light where I would need to use longer exposure times/bulb setting (for exposures over 30s). This replicates the function of the camera's shutter button, but eliminates/reduces camera shake caused by putting pressure on the shutter button and camera body itself. I was looking at the smaller wireless remotes (RC-06), but reviews of them stated that they only worked at the front of the camera. As I didn't buy one of those I can't compare or comment on that product, but felt that this item (RS60-E3) would be better suited to my needs. It has a slidealong locking mechanism surrounding the button, so you can lock the shutter open and leave it for the desired time. (The 600D also displays the time elapsed on the display screen when in Bulb setting, so you don't need a remote with a display for this) It also has grooves to wrap the cord around the remote and a wee socket to fit the plug end of the cord in it to keep it nice and tidy. It also seems to be made of reasonably sturdy plastic and looks as if it would withstand everyday bumps and knocks easily. Wasn't expecting a great deal from this simple piece of kit, which is, in effect a button with a cord attached, but I'm very satisfied with it, it's very well designed for its basic function and I'm sure I'll get a lot of use from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion for my Canon 450D, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
I purchased this item a few weeks ago, but from a trader on a popular bidding site, and it is a fantastic addition to my 450D.

This listing does not include 450D but the Canon RS-60E3 is the correct remote for the 450D.

This is perfect for when using your camera for long exposures or in low light conditions. Plugs in under the rubber cover on the side of the camera. I bought an extension cable from Maplin as the 1 meter cable is not always long enough. A very minor point, and the extension is very cheap.

If you are using this is good lighting conditions, you have the facility to lock the release button to take multiple shots, which can come in useful at sporting events - I have yet to use this in practice, but have tested it.

Build quality is also very good. I purchased a third party remote last year and every time you pressed the release button you felt the unit was going to fall apart. So I would recommend spending a few extra pounds on this genuine Canon remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 17 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
I actually bought this to use with my Canon EOS 350D when used with a monopod.
I wanted to eliminate as much camera shake as possible, and this little device certainly helped with that.
A longer lead might have been nice for when using a tripod, but I'm happy to live with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon remote, 30 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3 (Accessory)
Great delivery time. Prodcut does exactly what it says on the description. Works perfectly for my Cannon 500d. feels a bit flimsey for the price - but, it has survived knockng about in my camera bag and a few shoots I have made with it - so possibly more solid than it looks/feels. Cable is a little on the short side if you were looking for self-portait stuff, but for all other uses, it is plenty long enough.

Canon Remote Switch RS-60 E3