4.0 out of 5 stars Shiver me spaceborne timbers!, 24 Feb 2003
Andrew Kyle "Fangg" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Planet (Audio CD)
Question: how do you successfully encapsulate Treasure Island in space with music? Answer: ask James Newton Howard to do the score. Right from the start of the musical score proper (track 3) the themes of adventure and heroism on the high seas are instantly inspiring, given a magical futuristic sheen that takes the imagination upon a tidal wave, and refuses to back down. Jim Hawkins' swashbuckling adventure theme, Long John Silver's piratical sea-chanty, even B.E.N's comedic melody. Even the disney requisite song (by John Rzeznik) is an emotional whirlpool that pulls you into the story. So buckle that fo'c'sle and secure your lifelines and endulge yourself in this immersive score.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great characters, 17 Mar 2014
H. Franklin "helefra" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Planet (Audio CD)
My favourite in this film has to be Morph, so cute and adorable but adds plenty of humour and will never bore the children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Treasure Planet (Audio CD)
This was to replace the original cd that got lost when we got a new car - we missed it so much, great music, also worth trying the 'Goo Goo Dolls' too as the artist who sings on this is their lead singer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Treasure Planet (Audio CD)
For me it's great - very pleasant when in mood of listening something cool when I'm writing on my book or working on my research. I really love the first song (I'm Still Here - John Rzeznik), but the others are also very interesting and not annoying in any way (which was one of my concerns when I ordered this item - I thought "ok, I like the first song, but will I also like to listen to the full CD ?!") The item came quickly enough - I ordered it in december 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 July 2011
Amazon Customer (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Planet (Audio CD)
I'd wanted this CD for a long time and finally decided to treat myself. It arrived quickly and was brand new and sealed. It's a brilliant soundtrack to a brilliant disney film and I love listening to it whatever mood I'm in. Very much worth buying for the pleasure it brings.

Treasure Planet
Treasure Planet by James Newton Howard (Audio CD - 2003)