4.0 out of 5 stars Old favourites
3 CD's of all the old favourites. Jean Sablon/Maurice Chevalier/Edith Piaf/Charles Trenet/Tino Rossi.
Original recordings are well done.La Mer/J'attendrai/ Boum etc.
I think the best could have been put on just 2 C D's.though.
Published on 5 Dec. 2010 by Tricia

1.0 out of 5 stars Too old
I was very disappointed in this CD as all the songs and singers were from around the 2nd world war era had I been able you to look at which singers and songs were on the CD before buying I wouldn't have made that mistake. I felt I was a little duped, the CD cost less than the postage so I shall just take it down the charity shop, and maybe there is some old soul that...
Published on 9 Aug. 2010 by Littlegadd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Old favourites, 5 Dec. 2010
Tricia (Essex England) - See all my reviews
Original recordings are well done.La Mer/J'attendrai/ Boum etc.
I think the best could have been put on just 2 C D's.though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value nostalgia from France, 17 Feb. 2011
This collection of popular French songs are beautifully nostalgic, romantic and remind me of very happy schooldays learning French which became my preferred subject at University.
But these songs are so accessable to all, delightfully French, conjuring up the atmosphere of bars, cafes and romance. Lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars La musique nostalgique et romantique, 13 April 2011
As can be seen from the track listings, the CDs contain a collection of songs from the best chansonniers France has ever had. All 3 CDs are great and the original "old" sound recording adds even better atmosphere. A brilliant evocation of Paris!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pull up a croissant, 22 July 2007
LT Randall-Kattner (Bucks, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: France - Cafe De Paris (Audio CD)
Kicking off with La Mer by Charles Trenet, a song that everyone should have heard of it has been covered that many times, Cafe de Paris gives you three hours of cafe culture from Paris in the thirties and forties. Unless you speak fluent French this is not an album that you can just sit and listen or sing along with but on a warm summer evening whilst sharing a meal with that special someone who appreciates real culture then this music really sets the ambiance for a romantic evening though, no disrespect to the woman, Edith Piaf warbling away did sound a bit like Harry Secombe doing a Ned Seagoon impression at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning! I ended-up having to leave the country., 27 Sept. 2014
A marvellous compendium of classic French recordings. I admit to being obsessed with France, its' culture and its' history. This set has been "played to death" since it arrived. I challenge any lover of France and French life to listen to this in the garden on a warm summer evening with some wine and cheese, and for them to not be mentally transported to a culture and way of life so different to the UK.
Be warned: I have now ended-up buying a house in rural France and depart soon! Was this CD set the final straw?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of good songs, 16 April 2014
Bought this for my dad's birthday and he seems to enjoy listening to it very much. Fairly quick delivery and product as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 19 Dec. 2013
perfect would recommend this product just as described and a high quality, great price for the quality. would order again when needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super authentic sounds, 13 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my dad - he loves the old songs with the original sound quality. A great CD which comes in a smart presentation tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous!, 22 Oct. 2013
I love French music and was delighted when I came across these CDs on Amazon. I was not disappointed! The music is lovely and reminds me very much of holidays in France. It's lovely to just have on in the background when having friends and family in for a meal. I am absolutely delighted and so glad that I bought the pack. Excellent value! Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good collection of songs, 9 Sept. 2013
I bought this collection of French songs for my husband's birthday. Three CDs in a nice collectable tin with French cafe motive. The songs included some very well known ones by artists like Edit Piaf and Jacques Trenet.
Highly recommended to anyone who loves France and French culture.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

France - Cafe De Paris
France - Cafe De Paris by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2005)