5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Home, a welcome addition to any CD collection..., 16 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Welcome Home (Audio CD)
It's been a fairly long time since Four Star Mary's release of first album Thrown To The Wolves, but after a long wait, fans are now being rewarded with, what is to me, an amazing and well put together album, more mature than it's predecessor.
Hardcore fans will notice alot more new 'tweaks' on this CD compared to the last and I must say that the guys have moved forwards not backwards with this installment.
Songs such as All I See, Darker Days & Train get the blood pumping and will have everyone bouncing around in no time, but we also have a nice contrast of calm and reflective sounds from the soul-wrenching Empty, the swift marching Bleed On and the swirling sounds of Drown, which all in all make this a CD worthy of any persons collection.
Some people accused this band of merely riding the wave of success from appearing on tv hit Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but as this new musical arrival proves, these guys have what it takes to make it without the help from a cult show such as BtVS.
This has to be my most anticipated album of the year and I advise you all to purchase your copy now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Heard In A Long Time, 22 Sept. 2004
Willow Halliwell (Heybridge, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Welcome Home (Audio CD)
This, the second of Four Star Mary's UK albums, is possibly the best thing I have heard since the dawning days of the Spice Girls. With songs to match all intents, purposes and moods, this is indeed one of the best albums on the market. I highly recommend this to anyone who liked the first album or is a fan of the bands 3 Colours Red, 3 Doors Down or Hoobastank.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album, 21 Nov. 2007
Christian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Welcome Home (Audio CD)
It took me a little while to "get" this album. The previous one had a different flow and pace and I had heard the tracks before; whereas this one was fresh. After a few listens I liked what I had heard. If you have not heard of Four Star Mary before then I thoroughly recommend getting Thrown to the Wolves first. This is a good follow up with some solid tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Well-Rounded Follow Up Album, 21 May 2005
This review is from: Welcome Home (Audio CD)
After a long wait since 'Thrown To The Wolves' the band deliver a well rounded and sincere album with more maturity but, in my opinion, less raw exuberance than their first album. There is not a bad track and it is definately an album worth owning.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great followup to 1999's Thrown To The Wolves Album, 12 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Welcome Home (Audio CD)
After hearing so many of their new songs live, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of "Welcome Home". It is simply fantastic. From the mellow and laid back sound of 'Bleed On', to the upbeat and rocking 'All I See'. If you're a fan of music which is different to the generic stuff that is around these days then you'll enjoy this album. A nice touch was to have 'Stars Come Down' as an acoustic track, which is currently my favourite on the album

Welcome Home
Welcome Home by Four Star Mary (Audio CD - 2012)