5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect snap-shot of the best tunes around at the moment
Published on 19 Nov. 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars old
not that good for me as l like older songs but my grand daughter loves it so all's well for her
Published 24 months ago by robert cuthbert

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect snap-shot of the best tunes around at the moment, 19 Nov. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
The "Now" series of compilations are never going to win any prizes for their originality or win any critical acclaim, but they are there to serve a purpose; and that is to enable us to have a copy of all of our favourite tunes of the moment without having to rush out and buy hundreds of albums. In my opinion, that is exactly what this latest offering from the series provides. The concept may be formulaic by now, but that is what we have come to expect, and in fact, love about these collections.
The only complaint about this compilation is that it may be trying to appeal to just too many tastes. There are little pockets of various music sectors together; the 'pop' section being Atomic Kitten, Blue and Darius, the 'serious' section being Coldplay, Oasis and U2, for example, but who in their right mind has put Eminem and Status Quo on the same side of an album???
Overall the compilation is a good representation of the best of the recent charts, it flows well (mostly) and is a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars best Now album of the year. Buy It!!!!, 18 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
Now 53 puts together the last three months of chart music and plonks on a double album that will probably be nesting in a few crimbo stockings this year.
Kicking off with euro-cheese from DJ Sammy and the unavoidable Ketchup Song could sound like a bad omen but things get better, with slick tunes from Sugababes and Blue, coupled with uplifting ones from Darius and Liberty X. Moving down the list of CD1 is pure pop including S Club Juniors, Kylie and Sophie Ellis-Bextor before abruptly moving onto trance music including the lovely "Because The Night" by Jan Wayne.
CD2 starts off with the indie heavyweights Coldplay, Oasis and U2 and great songs from Richard Ashcroft and the stunning "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. Eminem makes a foray onto the CD, which had previously ignored his work, with the genius that is "Without me" followed by popppy sort of rock from Puddle Of Mudd and the wonderfully named Bowling For Soup. The CD rounds itself off with the inexplicable "Shiny Disco Balls" what on earth are they on about?
The Now Cds are always well worth the buy and it has bigger hits than the previous Now collection. And who else would have Eminem, Status Quo and Eva Cassidy all on the same CD?

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad minus a few duff tunes!, 2 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
As far as NOW! Compilations go, this good. Very good infact. We have all the pop hits on CD1 and on CD2 some of the more 'alternative' rockier tracks. However, where it does fall down is in the arrangement of them. So, for example, you were at a party and you slapped this on, you'd wonder why exactly those lovely people at NOW! have pushed Eminem to number 14 on CD2!
However where this Now! steps up is in terms of the amount of hits it brings with less of the songs that didnt chart. Few noticeable ones are the very random listing of Eva Cassidy's "Imagine" and Status Quo(!). Maybe there's some appeal to the older market here where I'm missing the point, however on the balance of things this is a fine summary of all the recent chart choons!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE FOR EVERYONE..., 6 Nov. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
What can I say, a classic NOW! album fulfilling all expectatations generated from those before it. A blend of all things pop, R&B, rap, with some dance and some ballads. One to suit all tastes, I can't see it disappointing anyone. I bought this album along with two other recently released compilation albums. It was by far the best, with the widest range of music. I had always thought that NOW! albums consisted of pure pop, but recently have been swayed due to the inclusion of artists such as Eminem and Destinys Child.I gave it 5 stars without hesitating.

4.0 out of 5 stars GRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!, 29 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
This album is BRILL! The've even added Coldplay! It's a shame that the record company didn't wait a while for Danger! High Voltage! 'cos then it would probs be the best cd in the world!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gone but not forgotten album...., 27 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
This album was special to me because this would be Trance's last regular appearance, Heaven was a real stormer to start with!

The rest at the end of the album, including Posse was brilliant

Such a real shame that these day the NOW! Albums are missing out on Trance, because of Indie making a comeback...

...well worth buying if you wanna remember the old days of clubbing

4.0 out of 5 stars Now that's what I call Music, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
I was really happy with the CD; as a used product, it still plays fine, and it was delivered within 3 days. I paid very little, so I was expecting something of a lower quality. Though I may have wanted to know a bit more about the condition of the product (The cover has some minor blemishes) the discs are fantastic, so i'm really pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite pop-tastic album, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
I got this CD when I was 13, and it included all of my favourites.
Just listening to it now is such an amazing blast from the past. All my teenage memories come flooding back!
Sugababes, DJ Sammy, Eminem, Lasgo, Blue, Coldplay and all the best artists in 2002-3!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 53 (Audio CD)
Loved this CD. Bought it years after its release as I wanted to fill gaps in my Now collection. Really good tracks of the time and I am glad that I bought the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Dec. 2013
Takes you back in time
Great songs
Great for the car

Now That's What I Call Music! 53
Now That's What I Call Music! 53 by Now Music (Audio CD - 2002)