5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
If you're buying these speakers then please ensure that you're not mistaking them for the new Soundsticks II that connect to a standard PC soundcard through a 3.5mm analogue jack.
Published on 13 Mar 2004 by S. Delaney

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!
I bought these speakers over a year ago and absolutely felt it was the best accessory I bought for my apple computer. That was until they stopped working and only started giving out a hissing sound. No probs I thought, I'll just go through the Harmon Kardon troubleshooting section on their website.
Nothing fixed it though. The dealer who I bought it from wouldn't...
Published on 15 Feb 2004 by iqy

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, 13 Mar 2004
S. Delaney (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
The original Soundsticks, are connected via USB only and I was informed about 1 month ago that they had been discontinued when I enquired about them in the PC/Mac department of a large store.
I have the new Soundstick II's, and bought them to replace a Cambridge Soundworks 4 point surround setup.
The Soundsticks provide a better range of sound, as well as looking far more attractive and modern. The volume is controlled in 2 ways. The subwoofer has a dial on it to adjust the level while the overall volume from the sticks and woofer is controlled by touch sensitive buttons near the base on one of the sticks.
The volume level goes surprisingly high with very little distortion, and I certainly won't be pushing the upper limits of the speakers output as I'd end up with hearing problems.
I'd recommend these speakers, they sound as good as they look. Just make sure you get the new version II's, unles you have to utilise the USB connectivity of the older model.

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!, 15 Feb 2004
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
Nothing fixed it though. The dealer who I bought it from wouldn't look at it as it had fallen outside the 1 year warranty. Now you would think such a great sound producing company would have dealers/ service centres based here in the UK. But they don't.
So if anything does go wrong you'll find you are pretty much stuck with a useless piece of plastic. Because of the special design of these speakers to work with an Apple Mac, I managed to work out that it was probably the transformer that had overheated. A replacement is not as easy as you think. The company expects you to ship the speakers to the USA at your own cost (which I worked out to be 60) and on top of that labour and parts charges could amount to the same!
And also they can't ship it back to you unless you hold an american postal address. So another pointless avenue to explore. Their only recommendation was to buy a whole new set of speakers!!!!
I am now a bit more careful as to what speaker products I will be buying in the future. As JBL is also under the same company I am going to steer clear of purchasing their products. Simply for the fact if I can't get something repaired locally here in the UK if all goes wrong, then it's simply not worth paying for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought sound could get this good!!, 17 April 2006
Mr. A. R. Owen "Rhys" (Anglesey, Cymru) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
these speakers are superb.Buy them.They look excellent, sound flawless and don't cost the earth!By the way those weird little blue thing in the small speakers don't light up but the subwoofer does. And the subwoofer is excellent too, it delivers enough bass without sounding sloppy like the cheaper mac/pc speakers which I wouldn't recommend too highly.Also these speakers are good because they don't involve any installation and you can use them with a CD player or MP3/iPod, overall:

EXCELLENT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Harman Soundsticks, 12 April 2009
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
This is a fantastic product and worth every penny. The only downside is that it doesn't have a separate volume control to put on the desk. However, I assume they must have sorted that out in the latest version of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows XP too!, 5 Oct 2003
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
I've been using these speakers for about a year and I love them! The subwoofer has a soft blue glow that looks really cool. The design is a real conversation topic too. Goes very well with a Mac LCD display. Sound quality wise, it's pretty decent for dedicated computer speakers, but I find them a bit 'metallic' sounding. With the subwoofer you won't be lacking in the low frequency department.
Did I mention that it works with Windows XP?

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab sound sticks, 6 July 2010
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
Bought these for my husbands birthday and he loves them, would recommend them, only thing that does let it down is that there is no wireless connection

3.0 out of 5 stars good for a few weeks, 20 Jan 2010
Mr. J. M. Hardiman (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
i bought my harman/kardons at the very end of september of 2009, to start with the sound quality was superb and the bass unit has a good rumble to it rather then a punch, but the sound stick units started to crackle on a very modest volume as im in halls of residence and can't blast music as the walls are paper thin, the crackling only started with certain noises in certain songs but now it hisses all the time, i'd rather have a refund and get some speakers i can trust not to brake

3.0 out of 5 stars Broken after a year, 29 Nov 2009
G. Brewster "GeeBee" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
Agree with the previous review. My speakers worked fantastically for a year - absolutely loved them, great sound. However, after a year they are now broken... initially a crackling noise came out but now nothing. Not worth paying to get them fixed, will have to buy new ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking Design, 24 May 2008
This review is from: Harman Soundsticks 2.1 Speaker System (Accessory)
I bought these speakers about 2 months ago and i haven't looked back. The only problem i had was that the delivery cost to Northern Ireland isn't shown on amazon while you book them. The delivery cost was about 20 pound.

However on a bright note, i love these speakers. I have them connected to my XPS lap top and they work great. The sound produced is simply stunning and very clear. The sup woofer is very powerful.

I don't agree with people saying these speakers are "apple/mac accessories", they are multimedia speakers

I bought these speakers instead of creative 5.1 sound speakers and I still believe this was the right choice.

By these speakers, because they are great sounding multimedia speakers and they look great!

5 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars good looks with good performance, 3 May 2006
Ajay S. Negi "Aj" (Mancheter) - See all my reviews
amazin futuristic lookin speakers

didnt expect much wen i bought it

coz i fell fer the looks but proved

me wrong.....

good crystal clear sound..

worth the money