5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value
These headphones surpassed my expectations. I was not expecting such good quality sound from these budget priced headphones. They are very good. I would recommend them.
Published 5 months ago by Bren

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, at the cost of pain...
Now there are a LOT of reviews for these headphones at Amazon.com (just type in "koss pro") that can pretty much tell you about the quality of sound reproduction. I'm no audiophile, nor will I pretend to be, but these sound great. However, it seems for me the excellent sound comes at a cost. These headphones hurt my ears A LOT.

No matter what I do they always...
Published on 15 Jan 2009 by Ms. S. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, at the cost of pain..., 15 Jan 2009
Ms. S. Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Koss KTXPRO1 Pulse Stereo Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Silver (Electronics)

No matter what I do they always end up sitting on the outer cartilage (the hard, wider bits) of my ears and it becomes very painful to wear them for long. I have already asked Koss if there are better ear cushions for them (or even compatible ones), otherwise they are useless to me and I might as well give them away. I haven't been able to enjoy them.

What could've remedied this was if the speakers were a bit bigger and better cushioned. My ears aren't huge (pretty much average I think), but the headphones always seem to slide back onto my ears' outer cartilage. I figure having bigger speakers would solve that problem. Unfortunately, I fell in the "got loads of positive reviews, so they must be good" trap and now have to go back to my old Philips neckband earphones just because they were more comfortable.

I have seen the JVC HA-S350 headphones which look powerful and comfortable, so if Koss don't reply back with some form of solution, I'll buy a pair of those. I'll update once (if) I hear back and report what they suggest in case other people have this same problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, 8 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Koss headphones, 10 April 2014
The Koss headphones were recommended to me and they are great.
They are convenient and comfortable to wear and I have now used them for 4 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sep 2014
Very good quality headphones, the volume control makes all the difference.