5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Country Combo
I must say that I bought this CD primarily for "Amazed" by Lonestar. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the richness and diversity of the music available on this CD, and feel that it is a welcome addition to my CD collection.
Published on 12 Feb 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Complaint
I received this CD and brought it back to Malaysia when I visited London. I played it last night and found the following problems -
Disc 1 cannot be played at all. Thinking it was my CD player, I put it in my car CD player and the same thing happens. I put in CD 2. It played but then stopped on track one. I went to track 2 it played for a while and stopped again. I...
Published 7 months ago by James Leong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Country Combo, 12 Feb 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
I must concur with the other reviewer: there is a real mix of country music on the CD. This makes Country Legends an excellent introduction to the country sound and well worth the money paid for it. There are also some real gems, I particularly like "From A Distance" by Nanci Griffith and also "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" by Crystal Gayle.
The thing I really like about the Country sound is that it is happy (even the emotional numbers still have that twang about them). It is excellent music to sing along to and also to realx to. A CD for any day or mood.
All in all a cracking country combo...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, but with a couple of wonderful surprises, 12 Nov 2005
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
I bought this double album out of curiosity. I’m not a massive country fan, but have always loved Billie Jo Spears (I'm pleased "Blanket On The Ground" and "What I've Got In Mind" are here) and some of the other artists who appear on this compilation. - Roy Orbison, Don McLean, Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. I also wanted to hear particular tracks – Ned Miller’s “From A Jack To A King” and Crystal Gayle’s “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue”.
However, I was blown away by Juice Newton's version of "Angel Of The Morning" (what a fantastic voice she has). I also love the following track by Tim McGraw, “Please Remember Me”. These are so stunning I've had to dip into my wallet and buy one each of their albums. Until they arrive, I’ll keep play these two over and over again.
This is a really good album and I don’t want to discount the other 39 tracks, not as you may want to follow up by buying albums by Nanci, the Big O, McLean and others, but Juice and Tim are the finds on this album - she has stolen my heart (I’m absolutely smitten) and I love Tim’s song - so listen to these tracks and you’ll want more,

4.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to a (somewhat unfairly) much maligned genre of music, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
Country music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you're a sceptic - like i was - give this compilation a listen and you may be pleasantly surprised.

It's certainly not full of cheesy nonsense (with the exception of the ubiquitous but dreadful Dolly Parton and Billy Ray Cyrus) or depressing dirges sung by hillbillies. It contains a good mix of country-influenced tracks from a wide range of (largely) creditable artists covering several decades. As a result, anyone with even the slightest interest in singer-songwriters or easy listening as well as country & western should find several tracks of interest.

However, at full price, it's not a cheap way of obtaining a few tracks that you may like and a number of others that you may not, so look out for a reasonably priced second hand copy in good condition would be my advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Country compilation, 13 May 2011
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
For beginners in trying to get to know country music, this is probably the best CD to start with.
Mostly classic hits performed by the right artists, who are known for these versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars a mixed bunch, 19 Nov 2002
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
I've listened to this two pack cd 5 times now and still find it difficult to jump from song to another, its such a mixed up bunch. It covers all styles of country from all era's and all singers. there is bound to be a bit of something for everyone. a great gift for your mum or dad for christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
I originally purchased this cd for my husband and had never really listened to this type of music, however, played it once and I love it and he's not having it back! It's got some fantastic songs that I remembered when I was younger but never really listened to . Lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars ron, 12 Jan 2010
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
i absou lov this cd it a mix for all country fans i could listen to this all day

5.0 out of 5 stars just brilliant, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
there are so many good songs on this CD to mention, you just cant help singing along, well worth buying

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
A good compilation of many well known hits. Delivered well within the time and in the condition that was stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country Legends., 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Country Legends (Audio CD)
I'm very happy with the CD.very useful for me to learn songs ,and very good choice of songs.thank you very much.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Country Legends
Country Legends by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)