4.0 out of 5 stars Chilled out outrage, 1 April 2007
This review is from: Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! (Audio CD)
I spend half of my shopping time looking for comedians worthy of filling part of the gaping hole Bill Hicks' death left in the comedy scene. I read that David Cross was "Hicksesque", so bought this CD. I was not disappointed. I was a little thrown off at first by his laid back style and college boy phraseology (there's a lot of "dudes" in there), but I soon realized that his chilled out delivery cloaked real passion and anger. He is very funny and often takes his audience away from the mundane facts of life or politics on fanciful journeys into surreal otherworldliness. He is also brave and is willing to tackle issues that polarise society at the risk of alienating some of his audience. This is a double album, so there are loads of laughs and its well worth buying. He ain't Bill Hicks, but he ain't half bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best comedy alvum since Rant In E-Minor, 14 Oct 2011
. Hjartnes (Bergen, NO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! (Audio CD)
This album has some of the most outrageous and utterly hilarious stand-up I have heard since the days of Bill Hicks. Not only that but its also politically relevant on a number of topics. Shut up you f**king Baby is loaded with great humor.

4.0 out of 5 stars subverting all that there is to subvert, 10 Mar 2003
Jake William Smith (Market Harborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! (Audio CD)
This cd is worth a listen if you are a fan of David Cross and his uniquely relaxed but subversive jokes.The cd has two discs of more than enough live stand-up from Cross and on disc one there is an enhanced section which shows a video of him on tour.It is an aquired taste though and from lines like "I was in New York on September the 11th,or as I like to call it....the week football wasnt shown" you can see why.At times David Cross can be too relaxed for his own good as the cd contains many a pause as you get the impression Cross is trying to think of something to say, but what the hell, it all seems to add to the atmosphere of a rowdy crowd and a twisted, intelligent comic.Worth a listen definitely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting!, 22 Mar 2006
L. Hicklin "leehicklin" (Sheffield,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! (Audio CD)
As an Arrested Development fan, I bought this just for David Cross, but there's no Tobias here! It's funny, sometimes extremely so, but I think he gets too involved with politics, somthing dangerous for comedians.
Not bad.

Shut Up, You Fucking Baby!
Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! by David Cross (Audio CD - 2009)