• Curb

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 August 2010
An amazing album. I would recommend everyone to buy it, especially new Nickelback fans. I suppose the album is a mix of Nu-metal and Grunge but Nickelback are just a fantastic rock band. It also reminds me of Pearl Jam in parts.

I'd also like to stick up for Nickelback as sadly they tend to get a bad press. It irritates the living daylights out of me when fans complain that bands have "changed". Bands progress, their talents develop and as a result, their music changes. A lot of people have also stopped supporting Nickelback as they feel they have become `too popular'. Can't people just be happy for rock bands making it big? (Rant over!)

As a massive fan who has seen Nickelback live a few times, they play their new stuff as well as the old. But yeah, if you'd like to hear a heavier and grungier Nickelback, then this album is definitely for you!
on 25 June 2016
Excellent driver came quickly and food was piping hot only problem no drink didn't bring drink sorry I can only give all 4 out of 5 because the driver didn't bring drink I ordered Fanta but it didn't come thanks will differently order again but remember drink next time please Excellent would differently not change anything expect given 10% discount on food and drink in the future not now and I like the limitless scheme Excellent driver came quickly and food was piping hot only problem no drink didn't bring drink sorry I can only give all 4 out of 5 because the driver didn't bring drink I ordered Fanta but it didn't come thanks will differently order again but remember drink next time please Excellent would differently not change anything expect given 10% discount on food and drink in the future not now and I like the limitless scheme
on 15 December 2003
Having everything else they have released, I finally bought their debut album Curb. Whilst not as polished as The State, Silverside or The Long Road, its still a superb rock album and a must for any fan who owns any of their other stuff. Agree with previous reviewer - excellent drumming - but think it is Brandon Kroeger before Ryan 'Nik' Vikedal joinned. Five stars for the best band around. *****
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2002
Maybe it doesn't help that I heard Nickelback's third album (Silver Side Up) first but when I listened to The Curb I didn't think it was nearly as good. I still enjoyed listening to it but the band seem to have gotten better as they've progressed through the years.
This is maybe most evident with the song Just Four which appears both on this album and Silver Side Up. I don't know why they have re-recorded it but it has been improved, maybe this is what the band wanted to do but I think it does show that they are getting better all the time.
If you are a fan of Nickelback they you will definitely like this album.
on 9 January 2006
This is a must-have for any Nickelback fans who have been disappointed with their latest 'All the Right Reasons' but love the other stuff. It takes the band back to their roots and uncovers a different side of their musical abilities.
I bought this album having already owned Silver Side Up and Long Road for a while. It surprised me at first - it is hugely different to anything else they've done, with a raw, grungey sound and vocals that sound like Chad didn't really know what he was doing. The songs seemed rather disjointed and improvised at first, but after a few listens I saw the intricate quality of the album. The songs show great originality and passion, and certain numbers grow on you fast, especially ones like 'Where' 'Curb' and 'Fly'. It shows a whole new side to the band and I found myself loving it almost straight away.
If you love SSU and The State (which I bought after Curb, and is an equally impressive record) then get this album! It's just a shame that Nickelback have gone downhill with their overly-poppy 'All the Right Reasons' which seems to lack any signs of their early charisma.
on 9 June 2002
This is the first album by the sensational Nickelback, and it's certainly not a Let down.The vocal brilliance of lead singer Chad Kroeger is a rare treat, maybe only matched by the Red Hot CHili Peppers Vocalist Anthony Kiedis. The drumming by Ryan Vikidal is first class. All in all this is a must have for all music fans. My personal favourite son is Falls back on but all are great. Buy this album
on 10 May 2009
They seem to be a love or hate band, obviously i've given 5 stars and so inhabit the love them category. Forget Rockstar, which has been overused by everyone for everything, and look at 'Animals', 'Just to get high' and 'Feelin way too damn good'. They make us smile, think and feel.

Curb is a chance to see how they began and although it lacks the finesse of their later projects, it has that glimpse of promise in their talent that got them there in the end.

If you're a Nickleback fan, get it.
on 31 August 2005
(NOTE: this album is their second, after their self-produced "Hesher")
This definitely has some great grunge songs on it, and not all of them are for grunge-lovers only. Songs like Fly and Pusher are some of my favourites of all time.
If only the band had stayed on this grunge style, instead of turning to the pop-rock band that made Silver Side Up and Long Road (two terrible albums IMO)
on 11 October 2005
AHH GOd! Listen Grunge fans , if u like grunge and like nickelback but wish They werent as poppy as they seem then check curb out its nickelback before they knew what pop was
anyone to say this album is "ok" or "fair" is a pop star or something, this is the best nickelback album! Pure grunge without the Nu sound -
Now nickelback fans that think all the right reason and silver side up is how they should sound then dont really expect much from this , this is way to un poppy and u may wana turn it off and check out mtv dnt get me wrong Silver side up kix ass but its all about the pure nickelback for me! - Get this "Grungers"
this is the good stuff
LITTLE FRIEND
CURB
WHERE?
FLY!! 5 STAR SONGS,best nickelback songs , best nickeback album and the way they are going , always will be!
on 24 December 2012
I bought this album thinking that i was'nt going to enjoy it. But this album i would say is one of their best, its briliant and i constantly listen to it.