5.0 out of 5 stars The Midget With The Widget, As Funny As Ever
This DVD is full, from start to finish, with the funniest British comedian around. The Midget with the Widget never fails to disappoint and will have you absolutely laughing your head off for well over an hour.
His dry and witty sense of humour will appeal to many generations, and the little guy makes me laugh just watching him.
This is a perfect DVD for...
Published on 28 Dec 2002 by salesareus

2.0 out of 5 stars Rehash of old material?
Published on 7 Dec 2002 by K-bird

2.0 out of 5 stars Rehash of old material?, 7 Dec 2002
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
I think its fair to say that I am a bit of a Jack fan, but this DVD is a little disappointing for anybody who has his 'Live at the Palladium' or 'Best of Happy Hour' tapes. He has used a lot of the material from these shows and it doesnt sound as good as when it was first used (the delivery doesnt come across as well either). The new stuff is good, but hearing old gags takes away from a lot of the show. If you havent seen his previous live performances or his Happy Hour tape, then you are probably going to find this a lot more enjoyable than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Midget With The Widget, As Funny As Ever, 28 Dec 2002
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
This is a perfect DVD for watching with the family also because he knows not to go over the top.
Absolutely amazing how much new material he has composed for this show. A must have comedy DVD. Buy it today

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Jack Dee as his best, or even close!, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD as I generally find Jack Dee funny, unfortunately this stand up show didn't make me laugh, at all, in fact I turned it off about 30 minutes in. Maybe it gets better at the end, but I really couldn't watch anymore, it was awful!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars he does make me laugh out loud!, 20 Nov 2004
By A Customer
Sometimes he verges on comic genius, his takes on the oddities of everyday family life are hilarious! Cheered me up on a wet winter's evening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Dee is a seriously funny guy and this video shows it., 24 Jun 2003
By A Customer
I have been a fan of Jack Dee's for a long while now. I have seen most of his stand-up videos. I love his style or humour and how dour he seems whilst delivering it. I like the way he seems moody almost angry about the topics he discusses.
I loved his latest video Live from the Apollo the show kicks off quite nicely with Jack mocking his own set and the fancy lighting used to put his name on the wall behind him, "Jack Bee who is he? Also that A looks like it's from the A-Team", then he spots some late arrivals turning up and lets rip at them wanting to know what would have happened if he'd gone to the wrong Apollo and turned up late. Then he moves into his joke set and tells some very funny stories. Quite a mixture of topics here from reality TV to Family Holidays, Being a parent, shopping for presents for children, Improving the NHS to actually being on the recieving end of a medical problem.
My favourite parts of this video would have to be the way he rips into reality TV programs like Vets in Practise and Big Brother (Seemingly failing to forget he was on and won the celebrity version). I also love his suggestion for improving hospital waiting lists by only treating people who's condition wasn't caused by their own stupid antics, "After all the sign above the door reads Casualty not Idiotology."
I think my favourite part of this video though, which has just returned to my memory after viewing the video today. It just so happens to be perfect for this exact time of year. Jack Dee, just like me HATES Harry Potter. I thought I was the only person not caught up in the stupid craze but no Jack Dee also hates the stupid boy wizard. Jack actually makes a pretty good point that children only read the book because their parents are forcing them too. "The kids better read it or at least buy it so I can read it because I would look stupid buying it for myself." Jack feels that children shouldn't be reading about some "four-eyed nonce on a broom" and should be doing fun stuff like playing football all weekend down the park, making mud pies, burning down cricket pavillions and taking out swan's eyes with an air rifle.
He rants against all things Harry Potter are well worth the price of the Video alone. There is certainly something for everyone taste in this video so if you like comedy, and if you like stand-up then get this video or better yet fork out a few extra quid and get the DVD for an extra feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 3 Oct 2003
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
I actually saw this show live when he did it and i found it hilarious and after watching it back and reliving that fantastic night. on dvd i wasnt disappointed at all, he's done a real good job and i met him backstage after his last gig and he is just a genuinely funny guy. Buy this dvd it's totally worth your money

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Jack's best material but not bad, 9 April 2003
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
I love Jack Dee but this is the least funny of all his offerings. There are one or two moments that are absolute gems but on the whole I would recommend his Live and Uncut material or the classic Live at the Palladium.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rehash of old material?, 7 Dec 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars JACK DEE, 13 April 2005
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
From watching this dvd its self i feel that it is a compelling piece of art and should be treaured in not a bookcase but in a glass cabinet away from prying hands. Another of his master pieces you may like to endulge your self in, is his live show performed at the Apollo in 1997.
enjoy viewing
nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 27 April 2004
C. E. Thomson (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] (DVD)
Having read the other reviews, I am glad I haven't seen the Happy Hourtapes because it sounds like that would have taken a lot away from thisshow.
I have seen clips of the Happy Hour, and have to say, I think the deliveryat this show was far better than it was on happy Hour. Happy Hour, as youwould expect, just came across as a pre-learnt, tacky TV show, whilst thislive show is very good indeed.
There are some absolute gems which had me literally falling over laughing,and I am sure anybody who hasn't seen the afformantioned other materialwill love this DVD.

Jack Dee: Live At The Hammersmith Apollo [DVD]