5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody marvellous!
This is one of the best comedy performances I've seen! Peter Kay is an absolute legend! He manages to make even the most mundane of things seem extraordinary - "Cheese...cake?". Even when he messes up (the robbery) it's absolutely hilarious! You'll lose 14 stone in a day with the rate you'll be laughing! A bargain at any price.
Published on 17 Feb. 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh No Peter what have you done?
I got this DVD with very high hopes. After watching 'Top of the Tower' a number of times and of course the hilarious 'Phoenix Nights' I have become a big fan of Peter Kay. I've been looking forward to this DVD since he began his tour, and hearing reports from colleagues who actually saw a show in Nottingham.
I put this DVD into my player and sat back to see what...
Published on 9 Nov. 2003 by Mr. C. Watmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody marvellous!, 17 Feb. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Peter Kay - Live At The Bolton Albert Halls [DVD] [2003] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy one thing off Amazon today...make it this!, 3 Aug. 2005
TIP: Watch Peter Kay Live At The Top Of The Tower before you watch this
I brought his 1st DVD about a month ago having caught a glimpse of the end when it was on Channel 4 and was not disappointed, I was rewarded with a truely fantastic comedy performance, which I found myself watching over and over.
My girlfriend twisted my arm into buying his second (slightly more expensive DVD) and I was blown away. After a slightly slow start his comedy takes off, once more recounting childhood memories and making fun of actions and sayings we all use in everyday life. The expression he puts behind each persona he acts out truely makes it though, you find yourself ignoring that it is 'Peter Kay' on stage, and feeling that you really are watching 'Mrs.Kay' 'Dougie' 'Nana' et al. in a compelling and side-splitting comedy.
In all honesty I can't think of an occasion where I have better spent my hard earned money!

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can't Beat A Bit Of Bully!, 17 Nov. 2003
L. Wilkinson - See all my reviews
Peter Kay - Live at the Bolton Albert Halls had a lot to live up to. Peter's last stand-up release, Live At The Top Of The Tower, was side-splitting from start to finish. Like Python's Parrot or Lumbejack sketches, Live At The Tower infected the nation with a bout of catchphrases. Well, move over Garlic Bread, take a back seat 'booked it, packed it...etc' - this release is just as good and more. If it's a sleepless night of jokes repeating on you that you're after, you can't do much better than to give Amazon your card details and buy this DVD! If you've ever been to a British wedding party, you'll be in stitches when you hear Peter explain the phenomemnon that is your drunken father climbing into the back of a taxi and heading home for bed. Or perhaps you've owned and nearly been mamed by an early-1980s VCR - this DVD is for you. The DVD is also a treat. Although there are no extras on the disc, the Bullseye-style graphics are just as funny as the Top of The Tower teletext spoof! I now own both Phoenix Nights DVDs, both stand-up DVDs and can't wait for the next. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Funniest Thing I Have EVER Seen!!!!, 19 Nov. 2003
I bought this DVD the week that I had flu, and there is only two words to describe this DVD……. laughter therapy!!!
I haven’t laughed in quite a lot time as hard as I did when watching this stand-up show first time through.
His brilliant observation of life adds amazingly to the show, and how he had managed to find side-splittingly funny things that everybody does, such as asking the taxi driver, “been busy?”
I also love how he can turn a perfectly plain story about dipping biscuits into your tea, or a crime scene on CrimeWatch into the side-splittingly funny thing that it is.
I would highly recommend this DVD, since Peter Kay is truly a marvellous stand-up comedian, and just for laughter value this is definitely worth it. I have been singing it’s praises to friends and family ever since my first viewing

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish???!! My Arse!, 10 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
I need not repeat the many compliments that have gone before. This is truly hilarious. Unpretentious, true to life and simply funny! I read one previous reviewer's kids branded this'rubbish'. Goodness! Kids these days...

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Kay excels yet again!, 30 May 2004
Peter Kay is nothing short of a comical genius. Excelling in the art of noticing the small things we all live through in life but fail to pick up on, Kay brings laughter and delight to the lives of the residents of England’s Northern quarters in an astute and highly professional comic manner. Highlighting such trivialities as the limitless stereotypes at weddings, the latest gossip at Slimming World (a pound cheaper than Weight Watchers!) and the pros and cons of teletextin’ Kay brings another great show to the masses and this really is the hottest comedy act at the moment.
Although after a few viewings it is easy to see that this does not quite match up to the success of his earlier Top of the Tower DVD, nevertheless this remains a laugh a minute show and is not to be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't laugh at this you have no sense of humour, 1 Dec. 2004
Stracs "Stracs" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Peter Kay returns home to Bolton for this DVD and has never been funnier than when on his home turf. This DVD had me weeping with laughter almost from the start, its just so funny. Kay is an observational comedian in much the same vein as Billy Connolly, though without the quantity of swearing! He shows this skill to its best here.
The funniest bit of this for me is the section about the family wedding. It is just so scarily true and you can just remember stuff like this at your own family's get togethers! The impression of his father drunkenly singing Danny Boy is hilarious, showing that Kay is a brilliant mimic too. His observations about his Gran are fantastic too. He obviously adores her and it comes across in his making fun of her and her warden protected flat. Anyone with an even vaguely batty Gran can relate to this!
Being a Northener myself I couldn' resist the section on the difference between Northern and Southern chip shops - its about time us Northerners got our own back and Kay is doing it for us with style! " 'as tha nowt moist has" become a family in joke for us! Even a seemingly dull family event like afternoon tea and biscuits is turned into a side splittingly funny tale.
Peter Kay is one of the funniest comedians about these days and is a national treasure - well at least for us from oop north anyway. If you don't laugh at this you need a sense of humour transplant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazin!, 3 Jun. 2006
Mrs. Jane Gilding "m gilding" (plymouth) - See all my reviews
Im 16 and though this was literaly the funniest thing i have ever seen!! everything he says is so true! my entire family from my dad to my little brother thought it was great! buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rola Cola !!!!!!!!, 8 Oct. 2004
Peter Kay is to me is the funniest guy that lives!!the impression of your drunk dad singing Oh Danny boy at a wedding was so accurate of most middle age men that it nearly had me in hospital from laughing so much!!
live at the Bolton Albert Hall beats top of the tower any day in my books!! his 8ltrs of rola cola and running in your slippers comment was hilarious as was the "do u do awt moist" in a southern chippy joke.
His jokes are not so much of a joke but a reality from your childhood, that when u think back you can relate to 90% of what he is saying, if not 100%.
Peter Kay is truly a genius and best of all he a northener!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Peter Kay humour, hilarious observation, 5 Oct. 2004
This is Peter Kay at his very best!! The Bolton comedian on his home ground here explores with vivacity and charisma the every day things past and present that crop up in everyone's life at some point!Whether it's the useless of Rich Tea biscuits when dipped in your bru and the fantastic impression of slow motion horror which comes upon you when you realise your biscuit has just fallen to its demise to the depths of your cup of tea...This is pure and classic Lancashire humour which can be enjoyed by all,North and South, enjoy his simple but cunning observation which caracterises his brilliant northern humour, you'll wet yourself!It'll change your trips to the chippy on a friday night, your average visits to Greggs, your outlook on family weddings and you'll never get in a taxi ever again without asking the driver those essential questions put forward to all cab drivers: Been Busy? What time are you on till? you see if you don't!!A worthwhile watch with your mates, your boyfriend, or whoever fancies a laugh! Utterly fantastic, enjoy!

Peter Kay - Live At The Bolton Albert Halls [DVD] [2003]