Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

Radio Face
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£9.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I bought this CD shortly after it was released, having high hopes as a good friend of mine had presented me with Mitch's first (self-produced bootleg) CD back in the 90s. The CD was quite refreshing to listen to. Great songs, weird and funny jokes, lots of banter with the audience, some really original material.
"Radio Face" starts promising enough, especially "Macbeth (My Name is)" in the style of Eminem was and is a definite winner. Shortly afterwards things start to unwrap. "Five One", a song on England's 5:1 win against Germany (2002) is pointless and ridiculous. Not that I care much about football, but if you - like me - have Mitch's first CD, you may be allowed to think that Mitch sold out. How else could you explain that on the first CD Mitch entertains his audience with the "Global Warming Song" ("Scotland will be bathing in the sun ... Scotland will be independent because England won't be there anymore") mischieveously saying "Oh boy, it's good to play this song north of the border again".
A shame really, because Mitch clearly is a talented musician and can still make me laugh when he appears on the "Now Show".
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 7 November 2005
This offering is more musical than Mitch's first album "The Unnecessary Mitch Benn" which, I have on good authority (thanks mitch), is a collectors item and now quite rare.
This album is incredible highlights include "Baby I'm Sorry" and "Macbeth". Mitch is a lyrical genius and his songs are even better if you see him live.
A must buy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again