5.0 out of 5 stars .....this ain't Moonshine
I bought this as a present for my niece, along with an entry level telescope.
She says that looking at the Moon without the filter is too bright, but with
the filter it it looks fantastic, and every detail can be made out and apprciated.
Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Jim Roche

1.0 out of 5 stars oops!
ordered this to go with a Celestron Travel Scope as it was recommended to add to order to view the moon too lessen the brightness of the moon, the trouble being it does not fit on the scope, you can see the difference it would make if it fitted
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Brian Mounsher

5.0 out of 5 stars .....this ain't Moonshine, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
I bought this as a present for my niece, along with an entry level telescope.
She says that looking at the Moon without the filter is too bright, but with

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable addition, 7 April 2009
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
I never look at the moon without using a moon filter, it's just too bright otherwise and I find it hurts your eyes, especially when there's a full moon and it is exceptionally bright. More detail can be seen using this filter as it takes away that dazzling brightness that hinders observation.

If you haven't got a moon filter already you should look at investing in one as they aren't particularly expensive (in comparison to most other astronomy accessories!).

5.0 out of 5 stars It works good, 10 July 2009
Kim (Rotherham, S. Yorks. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
The moon filter is a small attachment as you will imagin being made to fit a 1" + 1/4" lens. I am a compleat beginer so didn't know the filter screwed on to the bottom of the lens that being the shiny bit that goes into the telescope. So for a while it was sitting on top of the lens falling onto the floor every time I touched the eye piece, in the dark and behind the flower pot, I always managed to find it gave me new confidence in my night vision. I explained this to my seller he said what to do but I still didn't get it, till an experienced astronomer at the astro club had to show me, and assured me that it wouldn't fall into the telescope, and thats how you fit the other filters. Celestron Moon Filter Mine is, and I can recomend the 3.99 one and it is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars oops!, 31 Dec 2013
Mr. Brian Mounsher "Brizzy" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
I accept that Celestron is "cheap and cheerful", but for 10 I hadn't expected such a piece of junk! This is a nasty bit of cheap plastic, poorly moulded, badly finished, (the flash lines simply sliced through the thread), and assembled with such lack of care that the outer part had split through the word, "Moon". It came in a plastic bag inside a flimsy card box. On receiving it I ordered a Revelation ND96 Premium Moon Filter.... 1.98 more (Vat). It is an all metal body, threaded both sides, beautifully finished, and supplied in a padded snap-shut case. THAT is what I call value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple little thing, but essential, 2 Feb 2012
Peter Lee (Manchester ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
First impressions aren't good... The filter arrives in a padded envelope, inside which there is a flattened plain white box featuring a Celestron label, containing a ziploc plastic bag with the filter within. The delivery note advises that this is "eco packaging", and to be fair the filter itself is undamaged.

Your money buys you a small plastic disc, an opaque core surrounded by a black border with the word "moon" on one side. The rear of the disc has screw threads, and what you have to do (the filter comes with no instructions) is simple: 1) screw it into the bottom of your chosen eyepiece for your telescope, 2) put the eyepiece into the focus tube, 3) look through it.

So does it work? Without the filter if I look at the Moon through my Celestron Astromaster 130EQ using the standard eyepiece the Moon appears rather too brightly to identify features, and after a few seconds I feel the need to look away, as though I've been looking at a light. With the filter the difference is incredible, the contrast improved and the light dimmed comfortably, and I can now see the rims of craters on the Moon, plus if I look at Jupiter I can just about make out cloud systems on the surface if I focus carefully.

For such a small, cheap, flimsy-looking thing it makes an incredible difference. An essential item for the budding astronomer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Over the moon, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
I am a complete novice to astronomy and bought this item to go with a recently purchased Celestron 114EQ telescope. It does exactly what it is intended for.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for the travel scope, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
Bought it as it was 'recommended' for the Travel Scope 70. But it does not fit - there is no thread on the eye piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
I don't have anything bad to say about it. Works perfectly as I would expect it. I no longer suffer with the bright light from the moon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moon Filter, 25 Sep 2013
Hello All :)
I purchased this item for the sum of 7.71 but by the time postage was added it came to 16.71 , it weighs less than a fly's wing !!!, My advice is save a fortune in postage and drive direct to the retailer !!!!
Outrageous postage charges !!!!

Celestron Moon Filter