5.0 out of 5 stars Uncompromising rock n roll genius
The Rolling Stones spent much of the sixties in the shadow of the Beatles and, with regards to their respective albums, perhaps deservedly so. However, as this 2-disc retrospective proves, they were every bit as important as their clean-cut contemporaries.
To its credit, Hot Rocks is weighted very much in favour of their late sixties output, which was undoubtedly...
Published on 24 Jun 2004 by kingcreole78

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware-does not play as an SACD
This review is purely for anybody interested in buying this as an SACD. Amazon's description of this product is misleading. It is a DSD remastered CD only. My SACD player does not recognise it as an SCAD nor I imagine would anybody else's. If you are buying it purely as a CD it seems a perfectly decent remaster. I wish Amazon would take more care in its descriptions. I...
Published on 15 Jun 2011 by Kevin Mckee

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Play with Fire, you're gonna get burned!, 27 Dec 2012
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (MP3 Download)
Yo! I'm loving the song Play with Fire. Who would have thought it? There's a story behind this hehe ...

When me and hubby first got together, he loved Mick Jagger (not in THAT way, in a musical way lol) but frankly, I couldn't stand him. The Stones were before my time and I couldn't even think of one song that they sang. He constantly (hubby) asked for Stones music and I constantly said I didn't want it played in the house when I was in etc. I can't stand The Rolling Stones I said often.

Come forward in time to Boxing Day 2012 and for some reason, Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones came into conversation again (he never gives up trying! he's persistent I'll give him that) and he asked me how could I say I didn't like someone's music when I had never listened to it. Good point. I agreed, reluctantly. I asked him what I should listen to then, if he insisted and he suggested I buy an album from Amazon. I searched The Rolling Stones on Amazon to find dozens of albums. I asked him which one, he said pick any, they will all be great, Mick Jagger is a God! *yawn* So, I looked through a few and listened to samples of songs I liked the titles of.

Bizarre! I kept saying "Hey, I like this, this is great!" etc.

Cut a long and probably boring story short and I ended up buying this album. The first and only Rolling Stones album I have ever listened to or paid money for. Within minutes of it downloading I was rocking like a maniac to it, hurling myself around, laughing, singing along, saying how 'sexy' his music was and what a good mood it was putting me in *LOL* (you know what I mean!)

Its before my time this album but it is SHEER GENIUS. I am converted. I can now honestly say although Mick Jagger (the look of him) will NEVER be my thing, his voice is pure sexiness and pure rock. AWESOME.

I LOVE this album, ALL of it. I was playing it again this afternoon whilst baking corn muffins, singing along, swaying my hips, ya know .. moving like Jagger.

Very few albums do I like every single song on, but this one I do. I still say I am not a Jagger Fan and cringe when he goes on about The Rolling Stones but it was him laughing this afternoon when he came home from work to find me playing The Rolling Stones, this album.

My favourite track is Play with Fire. I also love Ruby Tuesday. I love them all.

FAB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used item in perfect conditions, 14 Nov 2012
Armando Ortega Ramirez (México, DF) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Audio CD)
I received my product a week ahead of the scheduled date. Thanks for that.

Was a used SACD but I don't care, t'was in such perfect conditions, even the package.

GREAT price for this kind of content.

Gracias!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows everyone else how it should be done., 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Audio CD)
This is a masterclass in what rock music should sound like all over 40 years old and not one of them has aged. Include "It's only Rock and Roll" and the infamous, but hilarious, last unreleased Decca single "CS Blues" and you could do a masters degree in Rock!
Genius.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hot Rocks SACD could be better, 6 Jan 2004
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Audio CD)
I certainly can't quibble with the quality of the Stone's music but this reissue is not a step up from previous pressings. While the SACD is certainly more frequency extended both CD and SACD are much harsher to listen to on a good system then the earlier pressings. A good SACD mix or even a good remaster should sound closer to live music. Some of the SACD stuff I've heard lately is jaw droppingly good. I wish this Stones CD was too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh those memories, 7 Jun 2008
Mr. G. King "70s addict" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Audio CD)
I own this album on vinyl and I loved it back then I love it even more now .This just grows better with age love it love it love it *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot rocks indeed, 7 May 2014
If you're looking for a record with all the classic Rolling Stones hits you love, this would be the one. Sound quality is good and so is the LP itself. Got it as a present for my dad's birthday and he loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars hot rocks cd, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Audio CD)
Happy no problems brilliant album had already but on record good for a CD that has been used andplayed already

5.0 out of 5 stars rolling stones, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Audio CD)
lost lp great cd big stones fan always have been saw them in sixties and the eighties and nineties great

5.0 out of 5 stars Stones never fail to please, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (MP3 Download)
this album has not been remastered thankfully, so it sounds just like it should do, the tracks sould like they did when we first heard them on the radio many years ago - excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction, 24 Dec 2013
Not being an avid Stones fan but loving some of their earlier singles this was just what I wanted, satisfaction achieved.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Hot Rocks 1964-1971
Hot Rocks 1964-1971 by The Rolling Stones (Audio CD - 2002)